hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Both fmca.com and the Forum are working fine. The Forum had an issue earlier but fmca.com was never down. When I contacted the IT department they got right on it and was back up within less than 2 hours. 

Herman 

Hey y'all, I had the Texas Mega Million winning lottery numbers in my hands tonight.

Then they went and drew the balls and posted the numbers.  Wasted money, but a good time had by all.

On the other hand, I did have 3 of the winning numbers. All on different lines of course.

Edited by wayne77590

Happy new year. Hope to see a few of you 15 miles south of us in Santo, T

strange- since this forum was down, my post from a few days ago just appeared 

I take offence to you accursing me of having anything to do with the site going down. I worked very hard with the IT Department to  get it back up.

I said that it would have to taken care of when they were back in the office and  here is what the IT Dept. said.

It also looks like someone had been trying to attack the forums but could not get past the security that we had setup on the server so they hit us with a DDOS attack, which is where they load the pages of the site up so many times and so fast that no one else can load it.

Jason stabilized the server this morning and I then tuned up the security a bit more.

If any thing Thanks should be given to Jason and Larry.

Herman

Back off Herman. Think back about 3 years ago, you was in the prosses of "Deleting one Post & accidentally got rid of all 3,100 of them!"  That was the "oops moment", I was referring to.  June 25, 2018 :P Nothing to take offence off.

Hopefully, everything is now the new normal...🙏:D

Edited by manholt

I was a co-moderator of the Wanderlodge forum. There was one thread that I didn’t want to receive messages and I thought I had just taken me off the thread but inadvertently, removed a couple thousand members who subscribed to that thread. 

48 minutes ago, erniee said:

There use to be a section where you could put in a membership number and find out the name. Can’t find it now

Once you're logged in at fmca.com you can go to your Membership Dashboard. Once their, scroll down and watch for the red rectangular link to the membership directory. You can search there in almost any way you'd like.

I did that but the software seems to jump all over the place and not stay on the dashboard drop down. This is a weird setup 

1 hour ago, erniee said:

I did that but the software seems to jump all over the place and not stay on the dashboard drop down. This is a weird setup 

You don't need the drop down. When you log in, you will be directed to your Membership Dashboard automatically. Just scroll down that page and look for the red rectangle in the left-hand column which says Membership Directory in the middle of it.

1 hour ago, erniee said:

This is a weird setup 

No kidding!!! I finally found it. 

Try this Erniee, get to a page that has the header with all the drop down boxes in black and white. The first heading to the right of the "FMCA" is Membership. Click on that then click on Dashboard. Scroll down till you find it on the left side. On my computer it is the 5th thing down and is red. Good luck in your search.

Let me know if you find it.

Bill

Bill, what's wrong with your coach?

On a sad note, to all who knew Nancy Wright, Joe Wright's wife, she passed away yesterday :( (I got it yesterday)!  RIP Nancy, 🙏🙏🙏 for Joe and family!

I tried for 2 hours yesterday-logging in, dropping down, dropping up- no luck. I gave up. It seems that the FMCA office website and this forum are 2 different websites. If you are logged into this one why do you have to log into the other? I quit.

Herman, I knew you would get it. You and Bobbie have my condolences, I know its like loosing family, even if your not. :(

Ernie, I know it may be a pain to have to log into FMCA website. If you look at the FMCA site it's address is fmca.com where the Forum's address is community.fmca.com.

They have two different addresses although you can go to the Forum from the FMCA site but not visa versa.

Sorry, see you in a couple of weeks.

Herman