hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Thank you Herman!  My 1967 WB, would have looked good at some of those Rally's, it was not until 1976 (due to work) that I could attend a Rally in a 1973 Landau! :)

38 minutes ago, manholt said:

Take a walk on the wild side, go to the FMCA Museum in Elkhart, IN.  

Think the museum is RV/MH Hall of Honor Worldwide. It is located at 21565 Executive Parkway, Elkhart, Indiana 46514. It is just south of Indiana Toll road, I-80/90, Exit 96. 
Their web site is: www.rvmhhalloffame.org. 

Not only is there a FMCA display, upstairs in their library they have every copy of FMCA’s magazines. 

Speaking of old FMCA stuff, anyone have any information on a rally held in the 70s called the Irish Fling? There is still a sticker on my bus from when it attended this rally and I'd love to see if there are any photos of it there.

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

Speaking of old FMCA stuff, anyone have any information on a rally held in the 70s called the Irish Fling? There is still a sticker on my bus from when it attended this rally and I'd love to see if there are any photos of it there.

You might email the publication department at FMCA or post a question on the first page of FMCA.com. They may be able to look into it in old newsletters or magazines. 

I'm thinking it would be a Winter Rally...March 1976 in Harlingen, TX...77' was Tampa, 78' was Las Vegas, 79' was Del Mar, Ca.

All past conventions is listed on the internet, under fmca convention coach count.

Edited by manholt

Had the year wrong by a few...

1982 Irish Fling
19th Annual Summer International Convention
South Bend Indiana
July 20-22.

Are there photos of this convention available anywhere?

20210206_121957.jpg

As Ross suggested....Try Aug. or Sep. 1982 magazine, via Publication Dept.  I think I was there!  I went to all Summer Conventions, between 1978 to 1990.

1 hour ago, erniee said:

Sitting in Riverview rv park in Vidallia, La watching the barges on Ole Mis

Nice, If you can, stay out for anouther week. We are getting a artic blast next week back hear.

Bill

3 possibly 4 artic blasts!  Where going to three rivers tomorrow until coach is ready!  Its already in the 30's at night and we got to a balmy 47 today! I don't do 🥶weather anymore!

Bill, the microwave/speed convection is fixed.  The mother board for fridge should be there today and installed tomorrow.  The oil bearing hubs, 3, should be installed by tomorrow.  We will find out this PM about the 30 A system! :blink:🙏

14 hours ago, manholt said:

3 possibly 4 artic blasts!  Where going to three rivers tomorrow until coach is ready!  Its already in the 30's at night and we got to a balmy 47 today! I don't do 🥶weather anymore!

That's not an arctic blast - that a pleasant spring day.

Wind chill this weekend was -30F with actual temps of -14F. Not looking much better through the next week. We've had actual temps down to -20F and colder in the past.

Richard, after you lived and worked in Texas, how did you cope with the weather you have now?  I'm acclimated to hot, humid conditions and when I visit Norway or Sweden in summer, most times I'm in a light jacket, my family are swimming in the Fjord. :P

41 minutes ago, manholt said:

Richard, after you lived and worked in Texas, how did you cope with the weather you have now?  I'm acclimated to hot, humid conditions and when I visit Norway or Sweden in summer, most times I'm in a light jacket, my family are swimming in the Fjord. :P

I guess it's all what you get used to. To be honest, as much as I learned to function in the heat I never liked it. Twenty-five years in the south (mainly Texas, a few years in other states) was enough. I was thrilled to finally be in a state where there are four seasons, and I love being able to camp in the summer with the windows open and the a/c off. To me the summer heat (and spring and fall sometimes) was oppressive and I couldn't take off enough clothing to be comfortable. In the winter, even with the sub-zero temps, it's possible to work & play outside if you're properly dressed. A few years ago when we had two horses, I spent 11 hours out in the sub-zero weather clearing snow, tending to the horses, and then clearing more snow. And yes, it certainly can snow when it's that cold.

Does that mean I always love the cold? Not at all. There are times in the middle of winter I get terribly frustrated in how long it takes to get ready to go outside, and this year has been particularly tough since much of what we'd enjoy doing is also closed due to Covid-19 so cabin fever is certainly setting in.

Hey, here in Texas we have four seasons.  Two weeks of Winter, a week of Spring, two weeks of Fall, and the res, 11 months, 3 weeks is Summer.

Herman, all my friends live in my computer!

p.s., Oh, and today it will get up to 70˚.  Might see a big chill this coming Friday - Saturday.

Edited by wayne77590

Weather forecaster said this morning it will be below freezing in Indiana for the next 7 days, next weekend below 0 at night.  I wish I was well, we'd be somewhere in the deep South.

That reminds me, tomorrow I'd better bring my battery watering can inside to thaw so I can check the MH batteries.

Edited by rayin

Weather in the hill country is 75 currently, but Thursday morning for a week it will be a hard freeze at night and 35/45 days!  WBill will be freezing his N off along with Herman and several others in Lone Star Chapter!  Our coach will be back in our possession in about 2 weeks....found out 2 hours ago! :(

We will remain in Three Rivers, TX. until then, no freeze warnings, lowest temp is 39. 😂

Let's put it this way - it's been cold enough here that one of my Ring floodcams stopped working. After hours on the phone with Ring (real people, in Arizona) I finally got someone on the phone who knew what was going on. Apparently their devices, even the hardwired ones, will not be reliable below 10F. Great. Don't even get me started on trying to use one of their door bells in the cold, even one with a hardwired supply to keep the battery charged. I miss the old days when we just had a door knocker and a ding-dong bell over the front door. It wasn't fancy but it always worked.