hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Get your slab done, the cost of cement is rising and its already expensive.  We want to put in cement for the coach at home & at the camp.  30' x 6" x 60' at home=$26,000....camp is 20' x 6" x 45'.....camp can wait, but I want to enclose the whole parking area at home by November!  The cementer is a cousin of DW, so we get it at cost.  Camp is another general contractor, so way more expensive!

10 hours ago, manholt said:

Get your slab done, the cost of cement is rising and its already expensive.  We want to put in cement for the coach at home & at the camp.  30' x 6" x 60' at home=$26,000....camp is 20' x 6" x 45'.....camp can wait, but I want to enclose the whole parking area at home by November!  The cementer is a cousin of DW, so we get it at cost.  Camp is another general contractor, so way more expensive!

Gee Whizz. I paid $25K for my complete 60'X40'X15' pole barn garage with concrete floor filled with rebar and woven wire fence 10 years ago. This is an expensive lifestyle we have chosen.

I ordered crushed limestone for my driveway today, he said the price per ton has nearly doubled in the past year.

Ray, I know...Our driveway to the house is 1/3 of a mile uphill and another 300' to the RV garage (have 1/2 a side & 2 doors 16' x 12' to put in), then the drive circles around to house.  Linda paid $9k in 2014 for driveway...cost me $17,5k for rest last year!  Crust rock & Lime stone in bulk is $19 per yard + installation + rolling!  

We had our driveway removed and replaced with a 45 x 24 foot, 6 inch, rebar, and 8" piers on the edges, and also a 30 foot sidewalk in 2017 for $8000.

1 hour ago, erniee said:

Nobody around here?

Been kind of quiet. Got back from the hill country and we are not going anyplace till the 14th when we go to the RRR rally at Choctaw. Come on up Ernie.

Bill 

2 hours ago, erniee said:

Nobody around here?

Weather is just getting nice around here, so I've been out getting the coach ready for the season. Also getting ready to pick up our new-to-us 1994 Airstream in a week and a half. Not much time for posting.

I'm mostly on in late PM or around 0400!  Lots of work to be done on ranch...a lot of broken trees to cut and remove before we leave!  The "Polar Vortex" was not nice to us!  Then about 3 weeks ago, we had straight line winds....we where not here! :(

Now, the lawn mover broke yesterday, after cutting 2 acres & I got 6 to go!  The Bushhog lost a blade last fall & we where not notified!  I got to go shopping & we are leaving for Hutchinson, Kansas, Sat morning!  Guess that's life....

Bill, did you have 30 mph South winds all day?  We'll see you the 14th, then leaving the 15th for Gladewater....We'll be at NIRVC the 22nd to get 8 batteries & serpentine belt.  I would like to get new shocks before we leave for summer!  When is your awning roller coming in?

12 hours ago, manholt said:

Bill, did you have 30 mph South winds all day?  We'll see you the 14th, then leaving the 15th for Gladewater....We'll be at NIRVC the 22nd to get 8 batteries & serpentine belt.  I would like to get new shocks before we leave for summer!  When is your awning roller coming in?

Still waiting. The good thing I can use it with out the awning.

We had gust over 45.

What shocks are you looking at? I am looking at Koni EVOs on the front and Koni FSD on the drive/tag.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

Original shocks, I think they are Bilstein.  I'm calling Spartan later today!

Up date, had to leave a message!

Edited by manholt
Up date

Thank you, Ray! Never did get a call back...We have an appointment with NIRVC in Dallas the 22nd and I think they told me in Feb that its in parts, in Atlanta!  

Anyone use Konis?

I have Koni on our current motor home and had them on our previous. Both were 37-38 feet on Freightliner chassis. Also, added flow controls for the front and rear air bags. Both changes really improved ride and handling over original equipment. 

Edited by rossboyer

Anyone use Konis?

I used Koni FSD's  on my last coach with a FL chassis. I felt they improved the ride quite a bit. I am looking at Koni EVOs on the front and Koni FSD on the drive/tag on this Spartan K2 Chassis. The EVO is a newer desire for the front  so we will see. 

Bill  

Edited by wildebill308

I agree, but I for one, will miss my friend Jim S. and other's who chose to retire their FMCA# , because they can't drive anymore or life change!  One day that will happen to all of us and its sad to think, that then, we will not be able to share our knowledge to other members or newbies! :o:(

3 hours ago, erniee said:

Maybe a member emeritus designation?

Agree.  Even though one cannot drive or RV anymore does not mean that they give up the information that they can provide to others.

Unfortunately if a member stops paying their dues they lose all the benefits. However they may still be a member by continuing to pay their due after they no longer have an RV. They just become an associate member with all the benefits except being able to hold office or vote.

Many folks will continue to pay their dues so they can keep Assist. 

Herman 

Herman IMO your suggestion should have already been pushed to the forefront by the EB, as our dues is about 1/2 the cost of any other medical Assist program.

Perhaps it's past time we have a marketing major as head of membership services who is also an avid RVer and understands crowd appeal.(15 second TV/radio commercials etc)

Edited by rayin

On 4/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, hermanmullins said:

Unfortunately if a member stops paying their dues they lose all the benefits. However they may still be a member by continuing to pay their due after they no longer have an RV. They just become an associate member with all the benefits except being able to hold office or vote.

Many folks will continue to pay their dues so they can keep Assist. 

Herman 

Just wondering how FMCA is determining weather someone has a RV or not. It is just like joining. You can say you have a RV and who is checking?

Bill

I heard a story about a lady that was wanting  to know more about RVing, so she joined FMCA by just stating that she had an RV. So I don’t think that there is any checking.