hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

I was just doing the "or let's just talk" portion of the topic. I was just hoping for a quick yes or no answer. 

3 hours ago, dbenoit said:

So if I get one of those screen rooms for the awning do I need to drill holes in the side of the MH

No.

Wayne, I'll PM it to you!  Never tried it in a Insta Pot. 

Herman, 440-3 V8 is correct.  Some restored models are Duramax with Allison 2250. 

DB.  No.  it's on main awning track.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:10 AM, jleamont said:

Just in case you want a trip down memory lane;

Wow - that's the same shag rug that was in our 1974 coach when we got it.

Thanks for sharing this.

That was a pretty fancy coach in it's day, it even had one of those fancy new microwave oven thingies.

Just so you know I have seen Charles Kuralt's coach it is in the Henry Ford. It cost $27,000 new. I think kind of a sad fact is they never spent a night sleeping in the coach/camping because the whole bead room was full of electronics to produce  the show. 

https://www.thehenryford.org/collections-and-research/digital-collections/artifact/233612

Lots of information on it there.

Bill

Just a Reminder

Attention to all FMCA Forum Members going to Gillette.

There will be a social hour for all Forum Members, spouses and guest in Gillette.

When------Tuesday July the 6th.

Time------ 5:00 pm

Where-----Seminar 4 in the Energy  Building 

Bring your own Beverages.

Hope to see you there!!

(Please no Adult Beverages)

Herman Mullins

FMCA Forum Monitor

Don't think we will get ours, for some strange reason, they insist upon using my name, but not care off, the resort we are staying at. 

Linda contacted the group that we are coming in with, it will be downloaded to us the 15th of June, wish FMCA would return to be accommodating to its members!!!

Carl, maybe you can have them hold it at "Will Call" and just send/tell you when you are suppose to come in?

The big thing with mine is it was "in the mail" for over 15 days. I had been on the phone geting them to re send it when it showed up.

Bill

I think all members that  accept emails from FMCA received an announcement of the new FMCA Mobile app. I download it for my iPhone from the App Store. It is excellent. So easy to use. Tried it for a day. Because of the ease of use, I removed the two link icons I had on my Home Screen. One of those was to get to the Forums and the other was to get to the FMCA home screen.  Suggest you download and try it out. 

One quick place to show member benefits to show potential new members. 

Edited by rossboyer

On 5/30/2021 at 7:54 AM, rossboyer said:

I think all members that  accept emails from FMCA received an announcement of the new FMCA Mobile app. I download it for my iPhone from the App Store. It is excellent. So easy to use. Tried it for a day. Because of the ease of use, I removed the two link icons I had on my Home Screen. One of those was to get to the Forums and the other was to get to the FMCA home screen.  Suggest you download and try it out. 

One quick place to show member benefits to show potential new members. 

It seems to be an excellent app.  I am really pleased with it so far. You can even access this forum from the app.

Edited by djsamuel

Anyone here in the area for bike week in Laconia NH? I saw a couple of large MH toy haulers come in to KOA.

Some nice rides came out of the back.

Day before yesterday left home and made it to Scott, LA. Traffic was horrendous. Stop and go several time and once it opened up there was no apparent reason.

Yesterday was to Gulfport MS and same thing, Encountered some downpours but not long lasting,

Staying here until the 7th then Maxwell AFB AL for 5 nights, and then Bremen, GA and have IFS Stabilizers put on by Safe-T-Plus.

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! One place I have found bad traffic is on I-25 in the Denver area. Stop and go for 50 miles. Then with no big change it breaks up.

We are at the Douglas KOA now. Going to move up closer to Gillett tomorrow. 

Bill

We came down Hwy 281/I-37 (NAFTA) yesterday.  Normal is 4 hour run, not 6!  Traffic build up started South of Blanco, TX and was stop/go to South San Antonio!  

Nice, cool 97 here!  

We'll go back home Tue and get the coach....going to Gladewater, then Kaplan, LA., medical tests the 23rd, then heading to Alto, NM and Taos/Anglefire!

Edited by manholt

I posted this on another forum but wanted to share it here also:

Well campers, we had a harrowing experience today. We were on Maxwell AFB and following their detour signs to the FAM CAMP (Family Camp for those not in the know). Keeping our eyes peeled for the turn off there was a tree branch that must have been one of Tim's tree family 'cause there was a loud, make that very loud thump and when I looked back through the mirror i saw some debris falling from he MH. I cannot explain the feeling of "grief."

No place to stop so we continued on to the FAM Camp (RV PARK for those not in the know) and once here I checked in and got the number for a local mobile repair. Neither Earlene nor I were going to go up on the roof. Earlene did climb the ladder until she was about waist high and took some picture. They did not appear to show any damage but I really thought that was impossible. The Mobile repair man, Tim, (The good one.) came out within the hour and climbed on the roof.

This first picture is looking down the driver side of the roof. Really can't see anything.

When I zoom in you can now see the MaxAir cover with a piece missing and cracked to the bottom,

How can I possibly say how relieved we were when told that was the only damage. Thank you Lord!

I'm not sure if any of you have tried purchasing RV parts but according to the good Tim parts are harder and harder to find. Tomorrow the search starts.

It really could have been a lot worse.  Guess what? Two other RV's caught the same jumpin' Tim's tree branch today and another last week.

cover.jpg

cover2.jpg

Wayne, that's not a good way to start your summer trip!  I know you don't have a Tiffin, but give the parts dept a call, also call every TT parts in area, that includes horse trailers!  Think out off the box and don't limit yourself to Montgomery or even AL.

Luck.