hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

We are changing everything from NH to MA It all went well except for DW's car, no record of paying sales tax when we lived in MA previously.

PIA now dealing with DOR. I got a sticker on the MH today, unlike NH needing an appointment and $70. Drove in and 10 minutes and $35 later it was done.

NH's motto: "Live free or die".    Hmmmmmm.

We arrived at Shpshewana South RV park today and will be here for the month of August...come on down Temperature today was 76 and no humidity that I noticed.

We will be at Pla-Mor campground in Bremen, IN about noon on August 5th to noon on August 8th with the Hoosier Cruiser chapter. Plan on going to the RV Hall of Fame on the 6th. There is a lot to see and do in the area. There are several RV surplus outlets in the area, too. 

Wayne, I can't pronounce the RV Park your in!  Have no clue where its at, so town & State would be helpful....

We were in that area 2 weeks ago. We stayed at Maple Ridge Campground. It was just a overnight and a little off the main drag but it was what was open/alible.

Bill

Ross,  We stayed at Pla-Mor in 2018 for the month of August. Say Hi to Joey and his nice wife, Just down the road from there, in Nappanee, IN, is the Newmar Plant. It was interesting on how they assembled their product. Yes, lots of things to do in this area.

We'll most likely take a ride down that way..just don't know the date yet.

Oh Carl, ye of little searching capabilities.😇 Just type in "where is shipshewana" and you will get a map.  Can you say "Ship she wanna?" Okay now put it all together. SORRY COULDN"T RESIST.

Temperature here today at 9 a.m. was 61˚, and at 10:38 it is 64˚. Hi today will be 75˚ and tonight's low will be 52˚.

Edited by wayne77590
Temperature

Wayne, just South of the RV park before you reach US 20 is a large Amish grocery store, everything is sold in bulk, quite interesting for me. You're approx. 300 mi. NNE of me.

Edited by rayin

E & S Sales Bulk Foods.  Don't forget the Flea Market open only on Tuesday and WednesdayThis is our third or so time to this area. We like it. Laid back, easy going, nice horses and buggies. Our place to go to in the summer time and get out of the Texas heat.

Sundays the sidewalks roll up, and also many places on Monday.

We stayed at Pla-More for a Pre FMCA Rally with the Diesel Club....came in 10 days early.  Remember a young couple owned the park, very nice!  We did not see the RV Park that your in! 

Edited by hermanmullins
Spelling

Carl it adjoins the flea market on the North side of the park. There's even a gate in the fence for entry to the flea market. I'm getting the urge, we might head up there Sunday if I can get my field mowing completed. it's supposed to be 92° with near 80% humidity this weekend here in SW Indiana.

Ray, et. al. we have about 10 rigs of the RV Mutants coming in on the 9th for a weeks stay. Come on by and say hello. We are in site 102 at the back of the park. On the 13th we have the club house,

Well shucks happens. First I had to work on the fuel system on my gas tractor 3 days, then mow fields 2 days (long days). Yesterday kitchen sink was leaking in  our house, another 2 days gone, all that nixed leaving home this weekend.

I was reading about your activities on irv2.com, sounds like a great time.

Ray, we are the RV Mutants and we have a grand time. We began meeting in 2013 on the forum and it started expanding. In 2014 we had a first ever Grand Curiosity (Rally) in Hot Spring, AR at Catherine's Landing.  We hit it off and many have become very good RV Friends. Several of the couples have visited us in our home in Texas City.  Someone says they are going to be somewhere and it seems others show up.

We made reservations for Shipshewana South RV Park back in March for the month of August. Before you knew it others were signing up. We now have 10 rigs and 1 hotel dwelling couple who gave up the MH world.

If you follow the thread yo can see we always have fun.

Ray and Lyn got here in Shipshewana South RV Park...The RV Mutants are almost all gone. We are all going to Das Dutchman Essenhause this evening for some Amish country cooking,

I think every tourist in the world has eaten there and a must do one time if your in the area!  Like having the local fare in Solvang, Ca.

Ray and Lyn could not make it but 9 of us still did. Food was good, company better.

Only 4 RV Mutants left including us...so Ray and Lyn...come on down!