hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

We usually stay at treasure lake but it is a private campground.  You may be able to stay there if you belong to some other group.  Might be worth a call.  We have stayed at Americas  Best campground during rallies. Nice place and very convenient to all the shows.  There is a state park right on the lake.  I have not stayed there but  it looked decent on a drive by. 

Dee

On 8/17/2021 at 11:21 PM, wayne77590 said:

Question: What is the best RV Park in Branson, MO?

Thanks.

Although we have not stayed there, the City of Branson Lakeside RV Park looks to be one of the better parks to stay at while touring Branson. We had reservations to stay there in May of 2020 but like everything else Covid interupted our plans. When we return to Branson this is likely where we'll stay.

Trust me...I would love to be there! 😃

You could join up with AIM, they'll be there the same time!

Edited by manholt

Well it should be interesting to see how the storm coming this way does. My only concern is I have been told that if they loose power it could be a while before they get it back on. I be cutting my stay short if that happens and heading south.

Bill

On 8/19/2021 at 9:34 PM, wayne77590 said:

Thanks.

Wayne I couldn't  get  on the internet at Shipshewana so I'm too late; we always stay at Musicland RV park in Branson. It's 1 block off highway 77 (hope that''s right) near the West end of the strip..

Ray, enjoyed our short time together with you and DW. Glad y'all made it back safely.

Next time don't hurt your back doing young kid stuff.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:00 AM, wayne77590 said:

Ray, enjoyed our short time together with you and DW. Glad y'all made it back safely.

Next time don't hurt your back doing young kid stuff.

Got home, shut down engine, walked back to unhook truck, smelled diesel. Looked underneath and a pencil-sized stream of fuel was draining from somewhere in the vicinity of the lift pump. It stopped after approx. 20 seconds.

Edited by rayin

Carl I went underneath today, couldn't find any clean or wet spots in the vicinity. The only fuel stuff there is the secondary fuel filter, which also has a WIF sensor and drain in the bottom. The primary fuel filter is at the extreme rear of the chassis frame, so it couldn't have been the source.

I started the engine and let it high-idle for perhaps 10 minutes, when i shut it off there was no fuel draining. I'm wondering if the secondary fuel filter also has an automatic drain that is activated when the sensor detects water in the secondary fuel filter??? I know the primary filter must be manually drained, I'll do that tomorrow morning when its not 95° and 89% humidity yet.

6 hours ago, rayin said:

I'm wondering if the secondary fuel filter also has an automatic drain that is activated when the sensor detects water in the secondary fuel filter???

Not likely. Can you open your floor and look at the lift pump? What year and engine do you have?

22 hours ago, jleamont said:

Not likely. Can you open your floor and look at the lift pump? What year and engine do you have?

Cummins Great Plains replaced the lift pump, fuel distributor module and transient suppressor in July 2020. 1999 Spartan chassis, rest is in my sig.

I can  view the lift pump by opening the door and sliding in atop the engine without having to remove the engine hatches. That's how Cummins replaced the lift pump, plus removed the starter to access the pump from below.

BTW, turned out the old lift p;ump only needed the 3 bolts tightened to stop the gasket leak between pump and 12V motor, but Cummins Great Plains service manager said they would not work that way.

Edited by rayin

On 8/25/2021 at 8:39 PM, rayin said:

rest is in my sig

Sorry for the redundant question, I was working out of pocket and for some reason signatures and how many posts a person has doesn't come over in Apple. 

Id pop the hatch open and snoop around, could just be a loose fitting that when the engine gets hot, it expands and leaks. Somewhere there has to be a trace of fuel, it should dry out that quick especially since its diesel fuel.

7 hours ago, jleamont said:

Sorry for the redundant question, I was working out of pocket and for some reason signatures and how many posts a person has doesn't come over in Apple. 

Id pop the hatch open and snoop around, could just be a loose fitting that when the engine gets hot, it expands and leaks. Somewhere there has to be a trace of fuel, it should dry out that quick especially since its diesel fuel.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll do that when the temperature subsides, right now over 90° and high humidity every day. It's rough on an old man with COPD. Next week will be in the mid 80"s and lower humidity - or so the local weather girl says.

10 hours ago, rayin said:

Thanks for the suggestion I'll do that when the temperature subsides, right now over 90° and high humidity every day. It's rough on an old man with COPD. Next week will be in the mid 80"s and lower humidity - or so the local weather girl says.

Understood, take your time and don’t push it. You should have the same lift pump that we once had. There are several spots for leaks to occur. My guess one of the banjo fittings or the motor portion is loose from the pump housing. Output side makes the most sense or you’d have a problem getting it started. 
That pump was buried on our ISL. Not fun to access!

The motor and pump are held together with 3 bolts, that's what works loose and allows fuel leakage. On the ISC/ISL block the lift pump is above the starter, you can feel it but not see the pump. The ISC and ISL use the same block, it's stroked to increase C.I. from 8.3 to 8.9L.

Since I can feel the fittings I should be able to get a wrench on each fitting from below to make sure they're tight, and also check the pump bolts JIC.

UPDATE: Every fuel connection is tight, no visible signs of diesel fuel anywhere on the engine, and it has not repeated that single occurrence during 3 day-trips.

Edited by rayin

Going on our 1st Fantasy Tour on Wednesday. I have no idea what to expect, I know we have plenty of

food and margaritas.