hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

On 6/8/2022 at 12:23 AM, wayne77590 said:

I did receive a reply from FMCA basically stating that the savings were from the old prices, like a single year being $75 back then.

They probably need to look at the wording. I personally found it confusing. But hey! $50 is still a good deal.

$50 is $50, put it towards fuel, you’ll get enough to lube a few lug nuts 😂 

On 6/9/2022 at 6:46 PM, jleamont said:

$50 is $50, put it towards fuel, you’ll get enough to lube a few lug nuts 😂 

10 dollars is not going to go very far right now.

Edited by wayne77590

???? Wayne 10 gallons of fuel will get you just as far today as it did a year ago unless your MH engine isn't running right today.

Ray, you need to read between the lines and words. Let's say $10 worth of fuel today is not going to get you as far as $10 worth of fuel yesteryear!  Send you to school, buy you books, and what do you do. Rip the binding off and smell the glue! Sheesh!

Well wouldn't ya know it; I delivered our MH to the body shop today, then at 17:50 hrs REMC power went off. It's 91° this evening and over 50% humidity- HOT. Had the MH been here I'd have cranked up the genset, turned on the A/C and been comfortable for the 2 hrs I was without power.

Body shop owner said "I haven't a clue when you'll get your MH back, we are so very busy since the hailstorm 2 weeks ago. He also said the repair bill will be close to $35K since my damaged parts are in such bad condition. Both windshields will have to be removed too, I wasn't figuring on that.

17 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Being a used to be body shop owner, when they start teardown they most likely will find hidden damage. It may be totaled in the end. 

Just got a phone call today asking if I'm OK with the MH  being totaled, I said yes if the money is close to matching todays market value. I'm sad about that, I've put a lot of money into ensuring everything was properly maintained and repaired. I wouldn't hesitate to begin a circuit around the U.S.A. tomorrow - if I could afford the fuel.

I'm going to start window-shopping this week JIC.

Edited by rayin

Anyone ever use Externabond tape on the roof? Freaking Forest River. When they re did the roof under recall they did a really shabby job on the edge sealant

Yes, I hit a ice covered tree limb that cracked the seal of the shower skylight. Used the tape to reseal the skylight to the roof two years ago. So far no problems. 

Previous motor home roof membrane was torn by a cutoff tree limb in a campsite. Left several about 3”x4” triangular holes. Covered with 6”x6” squares of tape. After 5 years we sold it, but never a problem. 

Caution, clean the surface with alcohol or lacquer thinner. As you apply tape be very careful. When it  touches the surface, you will not be able to remove to adjust. It sticks immediately.  

On 6/15/2022 at 5:07 PM, wildebill308 said:

I know how you feel Rayin.

Well made it to Fort Chiswell RV Park 312 Fort Chiswell Rd, Max Meadows, VA 24360. 

Bill

That’s usually one of stops when we make the run to the East. Have you had dinner at the Mansion?

1 hour ago, campcop said:

That’s usually one of stops when we make the run to the East. Have you had dinner at the Mansion?

No missed that one I will make a note to check it out next time. By the way, I looked it up on line and they say they are close But will open as soon as Possible.

In RI now at Worden Pond Family Campground.  

Bill

9 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

No missed that one I will make a note to check it out next time. By the way, I looked it up on line and they say they are close But will open as soon as Possible.

In RI now at Worden Pond Family Campground.  

Bill

Bill,

Good bass fishing at Worden's Pond! Check out the Nordic Lodge if you have a chance and want to put the feed bag on!

David

3 hours ago, dbenoit said:

Bill,

Good bass fishing at Worden's Pond! Check out the Nordic Lodge if you have a chance and want to put the feed bag on!

David

Yes, Lots of good places. Wife use to live hear and her son still does so we are in this area a lot. Absolutely plan on eating at  George's of Galilee and Iggy's Doughboys, Point Judith Road, I like their Scallop roll’s, much better than lobster rolls. Might add in a few Stuffed Quahogs.😉

Bill

Oh so you're a RI clam chowder guy? You are probably like an hour and a half from my house.

George's is one of my favs. I know you will enjoy. 

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

We're traveling! On the road right now.

It is late you should get some rest. :lol:

We left home 06/11, currently in Freeport Main.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

7 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

I am sad to say The South Central Area of FMCA has had to Cancel their Rally in Shawnee Oklahoma set for September 14 to 17.

Herman

This might be the cause of our high fuel prices: https://www.rystadenergy.com/newsevents/news/press-releases/us-gulf-crude-exports-to-hit-record-high-this-quarter-despite-domestic-supply-shortage/