hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Presently in Vicksburg, MS. Going to Tuscaloosa, AL, then Sparta, TN, FLorence, IN, Indianapolis, IN, then final stay for 5 weeks in Shipshewana, IN,.

Anyone passing by, wave! (or stop and say hello)

7 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Presently in Vicksburg, MS. Going to Tuscaloosa, AL, then Sparta, TN, FLorence, IN, Indianapolis, IN, then final stay for 5 weeks in Shipshewana, IN,.

Anyone passing by, wave! (or stop and say hello)

Tuscaloosa, you’ll be passing by Kaypsmith, There’s a hidden gem campground there also.

https://www.tannehillstatepark.org

Kay, you available Tuesday or Wednesday for drinks of water?

Joe, state park looks good but we need reservations and it is first come first parked! No reservations. We used to travel that way but after the COVID surge in RV Purchases found manu parks full up.

However, with this fuel crunch most of the parks we have reservations in are much less than full.  Yesterday, here at Ameristar, Vicksburg, MS., there were two RV's here. Ours and our neighbors.  today there are about a Dozen and the price is right.

Figures....As close as it was going to get and whammy.  

Northeast Area Rally

• August 04-06, 2022
  • Fryeburg, ME

Rally Cancelled

2 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

To bad, but some people are bothered with all the hi prices. 

Bill 

IMO we're all bothered by increasing prices. It's the folks who still must work for a living that are feeling it most. Our grocery bill is up about $30/week from last year, and it's going to get higher. Today independent truckers shut down one of California's largest ports.

16 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

To bad, but some people are bothered with all the hi prices. 

Bill 

Even though "I'm bothered with all the hi prices''....I'm going any way.  At this point in my life, a bit more for fuel will  not keep me from going.

Traveled today through TN and KY. the ratio of trucks to cars on the interstate was about 3 to 1 (trucks 3, cars 1)  How did I measure it. 5 or 6 miles in 1-1/2 hours. Rather easy to see the differences.   Truckers are on the road, for sure. 

Had other major slow down's. It took us 9 hours, with a 1/2 lunch hour break to go about 275 miles.

Yes there is lots of traffic. Were you on I-40? The truck traffic is always heavy. Often filling both lanes. We were through there last month. I-95 is the same way. Made for a long day going from RI  to MA.

Where are you headed? We are in RI for a week then head west.

Bill

We were on I-40 from Cookeville, TN to Lebanon, TN. I-71 was unvelievable with 3 lanes of traffic stop and stop and go.

Eventually, for no known reason, it sped up for a mile, then to 2 lanes and the reason was clearer.  On each side of the cement barrier were police cars with lights going. Each sitting in the lane near the barrier.  There was absolutely not a thing going on around them on the highway. Once the 2 lane got past them, 1 lane, it opened up until the next Interstate change, then just the normal heavy traffic.

From here we head to Indianapolis KOA for 3 nights, then Shipshewana South RV Park for 5 weeks to enjoy moderate day time temps and in the 60's at night.

p.s., I spent the first 19 years of my life in Central Mass but it was an accident of birth!

Edited by wayne77590

Fourth time there. Yoder's Barn, second floor, right hand corner is the best soft pretzels there are.
We also go to an Amish house dinner which are grate,

On 6/21/2022 at 7:36 AM, dbenoit said:

Anyone ever use Externabond tape on the roof? Freaking Forest River. When they re did the roof under recall they did a really shabby job on the edge sealant

Decided not to use the Externabond, the has a thought of using....lol....flex seal liquid, duh.

Going to use Dicor, white, self leveling. Looks like the right sealer to use. Alot of tubes.

40 minutes ago, rayin said:

Flex Seal contains petroleum byproducts it states on the label.

So why is that a problem?

dbenoit, What ever you decide on cleaning with acetone is your friend. I would also use tape to mask the seems to get a good bead.

Bill 

Edited by wildebill308

13 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

dbenoit, What ever you decide on cleaning with acetone is your friend. I would also use tape to mask the seems to get a good bead.

Bill 

The flex seal has no UV properties and silicone based. That's what I read. I will use acetone. Thanks

Could not find a category for my topic. But, does anyone have a suggestion for uv protecting window shades, that allow you to look out but people cannot see inside the motorhome.  we have class A motorhome.  thank you, mike

1 hour ago, Mjm434mrgn said:

Could not find a category for my topic. But, does anyone have a suggestion for uv protecting window shades, that allow you to look out but people cannot see inside the motorhome.  we have class A motorhome.  thank you, mike

I have Magna Shades for both  the drivers and passengers side and front windshield.   MCD  makes shades for all windows.

https://magneshade.com/products/

https://mcdinnovations.com/products

16 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

Bill 

Petroleum Distillates... Not for EPDM
Petroleum distillates are incompatible with and should never be used on a number of plastics including vinyl and rubbers, particularly EPDM. Engineering specifications rate EPDM's solvent and oil resistance as "POOR". Dicor's Care and Maintenance instructions warn:
"CAUTION: DO NOT use cleaners or conditioners containing petroleum solvents, harsh abrasives or citric based cleaners. You may cause irreparable damage to your roof."
Laboratory tests conducted in July of 1996 evaluated the effect of a leading RV "roof treatment" product on EPDM roofing membrane using standard sunlamp and immersion testing procedures. The "roof treatment", which contained petroleum distillates, caused a 63% mass change (swelling). In the summary/recommendations portion of the lab test the scientists stated they would recommend the "roof treatment" and more tellingly noted, "Per the MSDS, this product contains petroleum distillates, a substance that is known to be INCOMPATIBLE with... EPDM sheeting".
For your rubber roof, for the EPDM door and truck seals around slide-outs/pop-ups, in the baggage compartments or for the EPDM door and trunk seals in your car, petroleum distillates are a huge "no no". And don't be fooled by names such as "organic solvent", "hydrocarbon carrier", etc. Petroleum distillates by any other name should NEVER be applied to EPDM. If you aren't sure about a product, contact the manufacturer and have them send you a copy of the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Look under the section entitled "HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS". If it lists any petroleum distillates, do not use it on EPDM

10 hours ago, dbenoit said:

The flex seal has no UV properties and silicone based. That's what I read. I will use acetone. Thanks

Pertaining to this, I bought a pint can of the white liquid for a project then painted a plastic oil jug with it to experiment. Now 4 years later that old jug is full of used oil. sitting outside in full sun. the white paint is dirty now but still intact and not showing signs of sun damage.

I also used it on the metal panel holding my air horns on the MH fiberglass roof, it too still looks great, not showing any signs of sun damage.

My experience is when you open a container, use it all. Once exposed to air it cures out rather quickly..

19 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

I have Magna Shades for both  the drivers and passengers side and front windshield.   MCD  makes shades for all windows.

https://magneshade.com/products/

https://mcdinnovations.com/products

Magne Shades are top quality, I had five on my last MH...driver's window, windshield, door window, pass window and a large custom shade for two parallel side windows.  They are a bit pricey but worth it.  On this MH I have six of their tire covers.