hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

23 hours ago, rayin said:

HEY, were's the snare drums and bugles? This afternoon the body shop called, they began repair work on our MH  today. She said repairs will take approx. 2 weeks, then repainting the entire front cap!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking Out Emoji GIF - Freaking Out Emoji Happy Face GIFs

She said "approx two weeks."  For your sake, I hope she is right, but don't be shocked if it's closer to two months.

Edited by five

8 hours ago, rayin said:

Today is Aug. 25, do you mean Sep. 19?

Well of course. Can't you read between the limes. Duh!

On 8/25/2022 at 10:33 PM, wayne77590 said:

Well of course. Can't you read between the limes. Duh!

No, it's dancing around too much; Oh, you meant your one liner, nope missed it. BTW who's on first?

P.S. I didn''t see  limes to read between.

Looks like we may not get our MH back until the end of Sep. dang it. I'm getting so bored here at home I began re-building farm fence today - and enjoying it in this nice weather.

Edited by rayin

WildBill, it's gonna hit 94° here today, tomorrow 70° and Fridays high 68°. Sat morning 48°. I can handle hot or cold, but _really, both in 3 days?

I shouldn't gripe, this cold front is keeping Fiona out in the Atlantic instead of hitting the East coast.

Edited by rayin

On 9/21/2022 at 7:06 AM, erniee said:

Nothing much going on in this thread these days

My big news is retirement arrived on September 1 after 40-1/2 years with Conoco/ConocPhillips/Phillips 66.   Rising interest rates were leading to a lump sum pension value decline equal to a full year of salary.   I and many, many heritage Conoco colleagues decided best to retire now and not work another year for free!   

To celebrate start of retirement and my 63rd birthday my bride and I took a road trip in her X5 to the Blue Ridge Mountains to AirBnB and fantastic cabin near Ellijay, GA.   Had a great time seeing these mountains for the first time.

A couple of work life items I don’t miss are the 5:00 a.m. wake-up alarm nor the Houston rush hours!   One retirement unknown is how tough my new CEO will be….. 

Edited by fagnaml

Well congratulations!!!

Be nice to your new CEO and she will be nice to you.

My only news is in the morning we are headed back home from a week in Angel Fire NM. 

Bill

Mike, I know you will get the last words in when speaking with your new (and old) CEO;

"Yes dear!"

Happy wife, happy life.

Congratulations on your retirement. Sounds like you deserve it.

Edited by wayne77590

On 9/21/2022 at 11:17 PM, wildebill308 said:

Ray, are they making any progress on your coach?

Bill

It's beginning to look like we'll get it back just in time to winterize it; the shop just began the painting prep process last Monday.

Edited by rayin

DW and I just finished with the Dicor lap sealant. Had to go over all the edges because of FR's hack job when they replaced the roof. Hoping no more leaks. Took about 10 tubes.

DW and I just finished with the Dicor lap sealant. Had to go over all the edges because of FR's hack job when they replaced the roof. Hoping no more leaks. Took about 10 tubes.

Oh my!I just read "almost" all the threads on nav systems...since I saw Garmin mentioned the most I will look there. Please don't tell me what you have, I already read all that. I did like the " wait to get to the McDonald's parking lot and look it up...lol. Pretty no where I am now.

Brenda and I attended a FMCA Foretravel rally in Durant and now in Pine Mountain Georgia for a Wanderlodge rally. Perfect weather 

Glad to hear you are on the road again. 

Yes the weather has been great. It is finally cooling off some in Texas,no 100 degree days in the forecast. When we were in northern New Mexico we had some mornings that where just a little  cool. 38. I wasn't cold I was just "testing" the heating system. It warmed up to the 70s in the afternoon.

Bill

I got this email about Herman Mullins. Let's hope Herman gets better soon.

With a sad heart I need to tell you that Herman Mullins has had a stroke. 
He is unable to communicate and his right side is paralyzed,
I will let you know more as I get the information
PLEASE KEEP HIM AND BOBBIE IN YOUR PRAYERS.

Dianna Huff
Lone Star
Secretary

Bill

On 8/26/2022 at 4:29 AM, rayin said:

No, it's dancing around too much; Oh, you meant your one liner, nope missed it. BTW who's on first?

P.S. I didn''t see  limes to read between.

Looks like we may not get our MH back until the end of Sep. dang it. I'm getting so bored here at home I began re-building farm fence today - and enjoying it in this nice weather.

UPDATE: This week the body shop called, the adjuster changed his mind and decided not to pay the amount of the estimate. Now I'm in limbo until things are sorted out.

It's been 6 months  and nothing accomplished. I called my local agent and he bypassed the appraiser by directly talking to the Progressive manager for Indiana.

I was advised, after consulting with someone else to tell Progressive exactly this; "I wish t invoke the 3rd party appraisal clause". I did so, and the Progressive rep suddenly changed his speaking tone and said he will get back with me ASAP.

Almost back to square one? Worse than square one_. Drat.

Edited by rayin

21 hours ago, rayin said:

UPDATE: This week the body shop called, the adjuster changed his mind and decided not to pay the amount of the estimate. Now I'm in limbo until things are sorted out.

It's been 6 months  and nothing accomplished. I called my local agent and he bypassed the appraiser by directly talking to the Progressive manager for Indiana.

I was advised, after consulting with someone else to tell Progressive exactly this; "I wish t invoke the 3rd party appraisal clause". I did so, and the Progressive rep suddenly changed his speaking tone and said he will get back with me ASAP.

Almost back to square one? Worse than square one_. Drat.

Back in September you posted that it was about to be painted, are you now saying they've never completed any repairs? 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, rayin said:

It's beginning to look like we'll get it back just in time to winterize it; the shop just began the painting prep process last Monday.