hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Well leastways I got my full deposit back. I wouldn't go near Ft. Myers Beach for the next 2 years at least. My cousin has a permanent place there, she said there is nothing to do, see, or visit. No restaurants are open, no stores open, if you need groceries or anything you must drive outside the flooding zones Virtually all the RV parks that could open are full of temporary workers now, even if we could travel.

To complicate the cleanup, Lee County FL has a mandatory recycling program, so everything must be sorted somewhere during the cleanup efforts.

We did make plans to winter in Harlingen TX if we got our MH back in time,  but Progressive Ins. is still dragging their feet about the supplement, saying they will not pay more than the original Progressive adjusters estimate, the arbitration process is ongoing.

Edited by rayin

On 11/20/2022 at 11:34 PM, rayin said:

Oh crap, now you tell me.

My cousin just texted me from Hawaii, our winter RV park in FT. Myers Beach is washed away. we're stuck at home with 16° this morning because our MH has been at a body shop since  April, and I've gotta be nice.

What about the east coast of Florida?

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

What about the east coast of Florida?

No MH to travel, still at body shop, since April__. The only reason we wintered in FL was to be near my cousin anyway.  I think we've spent our last winter in FL., prices were already getting ridiculously high; $1,300/month + living expenses. Those affected business's will either have to recoup their losses or close the doors. We can stay near Harlingen TX for 1/3 the cost of FL  and the beach is a day-trip away.

4 hours ago, rayin said:

We can stay near Harlingen TX for 1/3 the cost of FL  and the beach is a day-trip away.

Well the coast South Padre Island is 50 miles. 

Something you might look at if you might want acess to military hospitals/medical care or outher services is the Frederiksberg area of the hill country. Not to far from San Antonio.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

I looked at the average winter weather in Fredericksburg TX and it isn't much different than SW. Indiana hill country, a bit windier, just as well stay home. I don't do military hospitals or clinics, nor do I do VA facilities (although registered). Between Medicare and TFL I don't have medical or hospital bills, and prescription drugs are $12 for 3 months supply for each script. Thanks for the thought anyway.

I like our area. Texas City, TX Yearly Weather.

Texas City is at latitude is 29.3838N, and that latitude runs close through Gainesville, FL.  Yep, gets cold and sometimes below the 32˚ mark but only for a few hours. There have been exceptions but overall we are a good clime.

13 hours ago, rayin said:

just as well stay home.

What fun is that? 

I will stick to my home base in FW Yes we get cold fronts but they don't last long. Still better than where I grew up on lake Erie west of Buffalo on the state line where it realey snows.

Bill

On 11/27/2022 at 11:16 PM, wayne77590 said:

I like our area. Texas City, TX Yearly Weather.

Texas City is at latitude is 29.3838N, and that latitude runs close through Gainesville, FL.  Yep, gets cold and sometimes below the 32˚ mark but only for a few hours. There have been exceptions but overall we are a good clime.

This is from weatherspark.com "In Texas City, the summers are long, hot, and oppressive; the winters are short, cool, and windy; and it is wet and partly cloudy year round." However the graphs do not reflect that statement.

That is a vast improvement over Bloomington IN.

You have me thinking_.

Edited by rayin

On 11/27/2022 at 3:46 PM, rayin said:

No MH to travel, still at body shop, since April__. The only reason we wintered in FL was to be near my cousin anyway.  I think we've spent our last winter in FL., prices were already getting ridiculously high; $1,300/month + living expenses. Those affected business's will either have to recoup their losses or close the doors. We can stay near Harlingen TX for 1/3 the cost of FL  and the beach is a day-trip away.

That makes sense. Campgrounds out here are pricey, not sure if it’s only here but costs are shooting through the roof. 

RV park prices are relative to location IMO. While RV parks in Ft. Myers Beach were charging $1,300/month, area motels were charging $200/night minimum, and Harlingen TX RV parks were charging $550/ month. The big difference between FL and TX was; FL permanent residents were somewhat cool to snowbirds. TX permanent residents always seemed to welcome "winter Texans", and even published a newspaper especially to welcome them to the RGV.

Bill, no progress; still awaiting the results of the 3rd party appraisal referee. The 3rd party appraisal was nearly $5k more than the body shop estimate, and ~$16K more than the Progressive initial estimate.

This reminds me, I should call in the morning for a sitrep;  update for civilians.

Wayne, I completely understand;

AL9nZEWV-JO_mv284DvyK9DPDgboUmE8pojnE6OVFYFjj52q5RqTD6W-ENaeqF5RlcslCzMpogUca2a7mWeXZ_Jdj6vz30qiaVAc1zv3tD7Cra3loeDEMBwMXT1D6GrFtZdwUCqqeVzufwzEx-HWxOnDDkC0dFdFlpmr4k9FJZ63HX4MhtRK0oK5gpNWDFdj8-Yma6mK9fX_sO6brqZEMlU7_6uO9lblNnq56bTPnchqXa-irA912hi3ypQeJ2yM8_B2ngm80Qq8CTqwC3c75T59YSkWI5wlXp8_sAFk7O58grQ21r0DpCn-MN5eels4_gx6djJ_Xx1KME2APRTDyp-IG_cY41qnQ9GAuexyo_TOtiSgrbpQtLucCrOTMo0gDqpU37L9MeYaGTsjmUp7Gb4aWofAXHEtUbzytl4uqIjZo69rzbHXCaJDhba9oKXbn2nRb8nXELBfloqaA_obbL0pBmtrA4pLYqFkku5_A9PjMlDpwi3eRjW2bNyQslHsnw56v4rDHsrmKDuUQ0xBLPS_HdpzaFv_RAgBDOubeN0J2nDuIUwrdsmWNhh0LrK_2Qqf73nqXuXrH0oIaC6p_WMA1w5mtVQY7IzvMFe8bA0WAU0Gyc0CE81sw5uZ6wVlvImOHSldEjhWa_esj8IgpmnWb6dD5eF7UW5PLd5rMvYrrJVcYvVthWmh9QLf2M3KiAyaXZOfj0JAjJRgJGOanurcx6ZsDO69rZxGkkkqrotm10cpLdqnLsvdlMcgbL6O882yDnDs0TNYQIkgNvoKr9wfJ5dZgcufu3nd6o1VFhVjuJCcugjS-V-wXykFskm5BJEzHYsZBS0h-5qTw1-xEQX7Bh9HPaXqo4r2uDuatKJvsQJCIhji4cickgXNjqlJXsPEON8baH3lX5Tyd79Uhx2J3g=w683-h910-no?authuser=0

I agree with the shirt. 

Any more talk of totaling it? Sounds like you might be on the line or whatever the secret limit is  for repair. I know  you would rather fix it because of all the work you have done to it.

Bill

I spoke with the regional manager of Progressive appraisers last month, he said no they will not total the MH because their totaled (agreed value) in the policy for it is $47K, and no estimate is near that amount. So, everything hinges on the results of this 3rd party appraisal clause. I'm calling the body shop owner tomorrow for a sitrep, he was out of the shop today.

The body shop owner told me, had I not had an agreed value in my policy I would have effectively lost my MH at whatever value they wished.

Edited by rayin

It was stored inside until last month when they got in a new class C that had been broadsided and had a big hole in the starboard side. The shop owner said he had to pull mine outside so he could store the class C inside.

Yep, winterized it 2 weeks ago. I had forgotten how, since this is the first time I've had to winterize in in about 8 years. After I got started it came back to me though.

Good, I am glad it didn't get overlooked. I haven't winterized, ok I have it plugged in and turned on the Oasis electric heating elements. I have the temps set at 45 but it keeps the basement nice and warm. We arn't  forecast to have any real cold weather yet. OK we have had one day where it got to freezing so far and it was 78 the outher day. back to 55 on the temp rollercoaster.  

Bill

Well, Progressive Ins. has stalled the 3rd party estimate process, so i filed a complaint with the Indiana Dept. of Insurance about this debacle. Hopefully they will  kick-start Progressive management into repairing our MH before spring arrives again.

Sorry to hear that about Progressive. They have been good for me. The 2008 needed a new roof from hail damage and $19.000 later Progressive paid. In 2017 Hurricane Harvey totaled it. Since I bought the MH new and had Progressive, 10 years later they paid me what I paid for it. No deprecation. Page 26 of my Progressive policy.

The present one had mice eat through a water line. Progressive paid. I did have to state that I checked the MH every two week, which I do and sometimes more frequently.

The "two weeks" is one of their clauses.

Edited by wayne77590

On 2/3/2023 at 10:08 PM, wildebill308 said:

Hope you can get them moving.

Bill

I did finally discover why my clam stalled. I took my MH to  one body shop, got an estimate, then took it to another for a 2nd estimate. When the Progressive estimator saw the 1st one he immediately paid the claim to the body shop and closed my claim.Their estimator was apparently trying to force me to use the 1st body shop ever since, and that body shops estimate was $4K below what Progressive paid them.

Wayne reminded me, I must go check on our MH early this coming week, it's been 2 weeks.