hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

1 hour ago, manholt said:

We where there for a Rally in October, Jim S. Lives there in #37 next to the Rally room! :lol:

I remember the rally. If Jim S. spends much time in the rally room with the fire going we will be calling him "Smokey Jim" 😄:o.

Bill 

8 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Wayne,  your correct a out Miller Creek. It is a nice park, a bit tight but still a nice park.  My only suggestion is to make your reservations early, they fill up quickly. Have a good time. 

Herman 

7 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

That is a nice park. Last time I stayed there was several years ago. Stopped there because of a sleet storm. The small meeting room with the big round fire pit was a great place to hang out and keep warm. 

Bill

Herman,

We have 23 sites with 20 booked already. Figure I'll cancel the other 3 come march.  Great people to work with also.

Bill, yep, been there wit the TX Boomers and that little room was real nice. Figure in April it will get some more use. Probably just need a little fire towards the end of April.

12 hours ago, manholt said:

Bill, you do?  We where there with the River City Travelers...must have missed you! :D

You made several post about the rally. 

Bill

Best chicken fried steak I ever had was in a hole-in-the-wall restaurant in the stockyards 30 years ago. Wish I could get that up here.

Bill, I have always wanted to see a rodeo. This one is probably 1.5 hours from home, we pass it every time we head to the New Jersey beaches;http://www.cowtownrodeo.com/

My late grandfather was a Brahma Bull rider when he was younger, always wanted to watch and see what that must have been like. He limped with a cane until the day he died :(.

A bull rider, just got thrown off & trampled to death, in Las Vegas, NV...yesterday or night before!  Not a game.

After the Ft. Worth Rodeo, it's the Houston, BBQ Cook Off, Livestock Show & Rodeo!:)

This made me remember when I was a kid it the mid 60's we lived in CA and my parents took me to a bull fight

in Tijuana. The bull didn't want to do anything and just stood there. They tried everything to get him to move.

Then they sent a cow in I think to get him out of the arena. Anyways the bull was all over the cow center stage.

My mother tried to cover my eyes. What is that bull doing to the cow? lol. I have it on a home movie we had transferred to a disc.

SInce then I don't like animals being used for entertainment like that.

I hope all those in the path of that supper cold air are ok. I have heard that in some cases people's furnaces can't keep up with the demand. The worst one was the City water lines are freezing.

Bill

We have been fine here. I haven't even winterized the MH this year. Don't think I'm going to need to.  Worse case scenario would be to bring it home and park it in the driveway with 50am and let the AquaHot take care of the basement.

Anyone know how much current the AquaHot takes without a demand from thermostat, just the thermostat on the AquaHot for basement heat?

I love reading the post from those who say they never make reservations. They always get to stay where they want or planed.

For the rest. Did you know Fishing Bridge will be closed during summer of 2019 for renovations. 

Bill

Wayne, in Galveston it's more like 60 ! :lol:  Yes to your question...On diesel, not elect. Last hard freeze I remember was in 2009 and I had no AH and coach was in storage on Hwy 646!  I was in a hotel on Bora Bora, so I missed it..

My coach is at America's Storage on 646. Covered but not enclosed. Yes, I would not turn on the electric as I know that would draw to much current.

Well, I don't think it will be necessary this year. We are starting a warming trend and if everything holds the way it is going we should not have any more "cold" temperatures.

That's where I had mine, I took it out, the day before the robbery & vandalism!  It was cheaper than Blue Wave Storage on Hwy 6.  But there I had a 50' x 20' garage with 30A.

8 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

We are starting a warming trend and if everything holds the way it is going we should not have any more "cold" temperatures.

Wayne, your are the eternal optimist. Remember we are in Texas and can sunbathe in February and wear heavy coats in June. 

I sure hope you are right. This damp cold is killing my knees.

Herman 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

That's where I had mine, I took it out, the day before the robbery & vandalism!  It was cheaper than Blue Wave Storage on Hwy 6.  But there I had a 50' x 20' garage with 30A.

They have a very new security camera system after that incident. Also lots more lights.  I think they still have a night security guard, but he probably sleeps. 🙂

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Wayne, your are the eternal optimist. Remember we are in Texas and can sunbathe in February and wear heavy coats in June. 

I sure hope you are right. This damp cold is killing my knees.

Herman 

Don't forget, Murphy was an optimist.

WOW here we are geting close to the average last freeze date March 13 and it is making up for lost time. 21 this morning and hasn't warmed up much. Next 2 days are forecast to be the same.😬 Next Weekend it is forecast to be mid 70s.:D

Bill