hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

4 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

I'm sure glad she doesn't read this forum like she does another one. Hee hee!

I think that goes for a lot of us

9 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Thanks Bill, but we are locked in now to reservations all along our way. I'm glad I got them earlier. We don't boondock and need FHU. That is unless I want to make Earlene unhappy.  Her idea of roughing it is no Walmart nearby.  I'm also glad to have a Walmart near by so I can ask her if she could go by herself - restful peace - if you know what I mean. 😀 I'm sure glad she doesn't read this forum like she does another one. Hee hee!

Where are you ultamatley headed? Are you going to go to the Grand Canyon?

Bill

On 6/18/2019 at 6:52 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Where are you ultamatley headed? Are you going to go to the Grand Canyon?

Bill

Nope! As I stated we cancelled that route and headed to Millersburge, Ohio. We have reservations all the way and will spend the month of July there. Don't know where we will go for August but we have to plan soon.

On 6/19/2019 at 3:40 AM, manholt said:

Wayne, you wrote OH, was it suppose to be Idaho?  

Nope, Ohio. Now Carl, the I and the O are close together on the keyboard but the D and H are a few keys apart. 🙂

Just for giggles: Before I unhooked the 50 amp at the house I started  the generator (after shutting down the AC's) then unhooked the 50 amp and let the gen warm up. Fired up all 3 AC's and once we hit the highway, shut them down, turned the gen off and ran with just dash AC. Worked great on keeping us cool. About 15 miles from the RV park i fired up the Gen and started the AC's. Worked well. In rv spot, hooked up. had the gen set on auto and when the AC surge protector kicked in the gen shut down and all running on pedestal power.

Love it.

4 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Millersburge, Ohio

Nice town, I was there last year. We stayed up at the Homerville KOA. They have several authentic Amish restaurants, well actually most of the town features Amish businesses. 

So inquiring minds want to know. Why Millersburg? 

Bill

Well Bill, after many years I have come to one conclusion. I'm the just the chauffeur. 

Really no particular reason. We were there 10 years ago. We like the Amish culture. Miya likes the horses and buggies. On day riding around we found a horse and buggy "tour" just ending. The guide was intrigued by Miya's ability to walk up to a horse and sniff hooves or go nose to nose with them. We mentioned we would take a tour if Miya was not with us. The guide said, come back at 4 p.m. when I'm done and we can all go.  She showed up at 4 with a different wagon and the three of us got on and went for the tour. Miya was in seventh heaven.

We like the area and besides, DW says they have a Walmart there now.

Oh! I'd like to see the Ernest Warther Museum again in Dover.  Fantastic carver.

Joe, we have been there. We like Intercourse. Love Gettysburg. First time in that area we stayed at Roamers Retreat in Lancaster. Since then we have stayed at Artillery Ridge a couple times.

48 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Joe, we have been there. We like Intercourse. Love Gettysburg. First time in that area we stayed at Roamers Retreat in Lancaster. Since then we have stayed at Artillery Ridge a couple times.

Roamers is only a few minutes from our house.

Manholt stayed at New Holland KOA and liked it. That’s now on the top of my list for this area, it’s a relatively new KOA and they fixed it up.

Gettysburg Campground is another favorite of ours. It’s the only non commercially owned campground in that area. The owner and his wife are great people to chat with.

We really enjoyed that whole area...we found that Lancaster was too touristy for us!  Other areas around there was great.  Across from  KOA, was a farm that we loaded up on Asparagus and Tomatoes, also fresh donuts and pies!  We are now totally out.  Linda went shopping at IGA here in Quebec and just came back with more local Asparagus & 8 Blue berry muffins...each one is a pound.  Hmmm!

45 minutes ago, manholt said:

We really enjoyed that whole area...we found that Lancaster was too touristy for us!  Other areas around there was great.  Across from  KOA, was a farm that we loaded up on Asparagus and Tomatoes, also fresh donuts and pies!  We are now totally out.  Linda went shopping at IGA here in Quebec and just came back with more local Asparagus & 8 Blue berry muffins...each one is a pound.  Hmmm!

Since you told me about those Cinnamon rolls across from the KOA I have been craving those. 

Wayne, lots to see and do in the area. If you go visit Joe you are near Hershey and I found it a good place to find Chocolat. Have you been to the Air Force museum in Dayton? https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

We revisited the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation  and Greenfield village. The village is 80 acres filed with famous people's houses that have been moved there and restored with people giving talks about the house and famous person. How would you like to sit in a courtroom where Lincoln practised law? 

https://www.thehenryford.org/

Bill

10 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

I was station in New Jersey and the ONLY thing I miss from there is the fruit and vegetable stands. Tomatoes were to die for and the corn wow.

Herman 

Herman in season, we will go for a drive over to NJ for the roadside stands. From home it’s about an hour one way but worth the trip!

Joe, 13 minutes from your house to bliss, Fri & Sat only!  Bakery is in the Cellar.  Next door is Fruit''s & Veg's!  Every day in season & affordable...Same family! 

Thanks all for the information sights to see and places to go. Once we start planning we just might be able to get to some of them.

Can't wait for school to start back up and CG's have more room.

Joe

We were at Artillery Ridge 6/12- 6/16  Loved Gettysburg.  Now we will have to come back to Intercorse PA

Looking at Beacon Hill I know the Boss would love it there

Duane L

Wayne, depends on where you travel.  We did Woodstock, NY & Lake Placid, NY, from 6/11 to 6/18 & had no problem getting a pull thru.  Other than North Little Rock RV Park, AK and Four Seasons RV Resort in NJ..we staid in KOA's from Texas to Quebec, Canada...would do  them again!  We are now in Riviere-Du-Loup, Canada. 🤗

On 6/24/2019 at 8:13 AM, wayne77590 said:

Can't wait for school to start back up and CG's have more room.

Most of the campgrounds I was in were not that busy. 

Bill

We find places but sometimes it takes a few calls.  We like KOA, even though they are a little more expensive and we are KOA Members so 10% discount.  What we like is the on-line reservations system. Log in, check the campground, click book - done deal.

You travel in better circles than we do. 🙂

Yes, Du-Quai & now we are in Annie Campground, Metis Sur Mer...Went to Redford Gardens..very nice for Linda, ok for me!  Tomorrow, we are headed to Forillion NP, Petit Gaspe Campground for 2 days of dry camping! The weather is not getting warmer any time soon...high 60/50, low 50/40. 

Sat is Camping Du Phare, Perce for 3 days!

July 16, we will be in Labrador! 🤗

Wayne, we stayed a several KOAs this trip. If you say the name in french it sounded better. Like, Buffalo / I-40 / Sortie 143 KOA Journey. Well maybe not.:P

Carl is geting a refresher course in French.

Bill