hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Strange place to buy toilet paper! I got mine at the trading post, over behind the canoe paddles. :D

Bill

If Canadian Tire Store didn't have it I didn't need it.

Well, while we are on the subject of toilet paper, we decided to drop into Costco today and since we were "running" low, by some TP.

Seems like there is a fear factor now and as soon as Costco stocks it they sell out and they have set a limit.  It only took one news broadcast of a couple cases of the Coronavirus in the Houston area for the fear factor to set in.

You can expect that as the numbers ramp up there will be other stock piling runs on stores for staples and supplies.

We did stop at our local H.E.B., and was able to purchase a package. Everything now is going to be "wiped clean."

On 3/5/2020 at 8:56 AM, WILDEBILL308 said:

I wonder if mine is the same? Sounds like some engineer thought it was better to have hot water as long as possible over worrying about getting to a fuel stop. 

Like Carl this will be a learning trip. I don't plan on letting it get below 1/2 tank. Unlike Carl I only have a 150 gal tank. How was I ever able to get around with only a 90 gal tank?

Bill

Bill, do you have Aqua Hot or Oasis? I have an Oasis in my Newmar.

Yes, I have the Oasis. I need to find some of the fluid. Do they have a "Oasis" brand?

Wayne,  I  may have a corner on the market. After all I was able to smuggle this in from A foreign country. I wonder what the restrictions are.B)

Bill

Mine is also Oasis and the coach is at the ranch...got in at 5 pm...Did Spring brake start today?  We took 84 all  the way to 281, 30 miles from Waco it was B-B all the way to Burnet.  

We grabbed 5 bottles of Rubbing Alcohol and 5 large bottles of 100% Aloa Vera...make our own hand wipes!  I use Everclear in a spray bottle to sanitize my cutting boards and food prep area.  Lysol for everything else to kill germs/virus.

Coronavirus has been around for a very long time!  It only attacks the lungs and you get it from droplets, by breathing or wiping your mouth and nose with your hands!  Unfortunately we are in an election year, so we get FUD..Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt...given to us by guess who? 

1 hour ago, manholt said:

We grabbed 5 bottles of Rubbing Alcohol and 5 large bottles of 100% Aloa Vera...make our own hand wipes!

They just did a "Verifie" segment on the news about doing that. As long as you have 65% alcohol you are good to go.

Bill

Carl, mostly at s&b on Lake Travis. I think Baylor's spring break started today.  We're going to Big Bend March 29 for 10 days. Adirondacks in July and Baltic cruise in August.

We just got back from a 10 day trip to  Del Rio, Marathon, Big Bend, Terlingua and Ft Davis.

Must be a slow learner-- we never tire of that area.

Jim S., Brett, us too!!  Probably will stop by Maverick Ranch RV Resort on the way back from Tucson.  This Summer will be Colorado to Washington.  December is "Hurtigruten", Ferry Cruise from Bergen to Kirkenes,, Norway.  Christmas in Norway & Sweden!  We're getting Married in April. :P I'll find out the date Monday after I see my Cataract Doctor! 😂

Bill.  I have been making my own wipe's for at least 40+ years!  In most countries I worked in, hygiene is not in their vocabulary! :wacko:  Ask Brett, he's been there and then some!

On 3/6/2020 at 6:38 PM, elkhartjim said:

Bill, this is whats needed for the Oasis system. Check Amazon.

image.thumb.png.863b4f6122173065b8beb684d6407f60.png

Got my order in this afternoon. Only need about a quart but now I have some.

Bill

Jim S.  I figured out all by myself, that you probably meant March 30 to April 3rd. :P  We might be able to stop by on our way back from Tucson! 😀

RayIN.  Thank you!  When your both in your 70's, it's the License, a Judge and couple of Witnesses!  Then a BBQ party with close friends! 😂

8 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

I can't believe any of you caught this. 

I figured you either bought the place and wasn't ready to announce it or you switched the dates.

Exercised generator and Aquahot today, got the itch to hit the road now :rolleyes: especially since tomorrow will be in the 70’s and sunny!! 😎 

2 minutes ago, manholt said:

Joe, don't you two work on Mondays? :ph34r:

YUP! Still got the itch and it’s a new year with the vacation clock re-started in January. 

Ok,here is a question from the Aquahot rookie. Does it hurt to leave it on electric when it is plugged in? And how often do you run it on diesel? I topped up the tank today so everything is looking good.

Bill