hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Bill, you got Oasis, basically the same as AH. Electric will only work when your on Generator or a 50/30 A plug in! Why do you want it on?  Diesel side will work as long as you have more than a 1/4 tank fuel (So it's written).  In your case, over 37.5 gallons!  When  it's on, it should burn about a 1/5 to a 1/4 gallons an hour, when you use furnace, water.

I suspect you get HOT water from engine when your on the road, so no elect from Oasis is needed.

Took the MH for a ride yesterday and filled up the tank. Got home started the genny and no change.

Looks like checking the fuel filter and pump is next. 1st scheduled maint. is @ 150 hrs and we are @ 140 hrs.

Onward through the fog!

Bill, you got Oasis, basically the same as AH. Electric will only work when your on Generator or a 50/30 A plug in! Why do you want it on?  Diesel side will work as long as you have more than a 1/4 tank fuel (So it's written).  In your case, over 37.5 gallons!  When  it's on, it should burn about a 1/5 to a 1/4 gallons an hour, when you use furnace, water.

I suspect you get HOT water from engine when your on the road, so no elect from Oasis is needed.

DB, look at your ground wire coming off battery to chassis, are you getting any codes?  Have you checked battery?  You also have a on/off CB on front top or side of Generator!

Just a suggestion, but for technical problems, you are  LOT more likely to get good answers if you post a thread in the appropriate technical section where more "techies" hang out rather than in "Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk".

Brett/moderator

45 minutes ago, manholt said:

DB, look at your ground wire coming off battery to chassis, are you getting any codes?  Have you checked battery?  You also have a on/off CB on front top or side of Generator!

Imma gonna move my problem to where the "techies" hang out.

Still stalls out after like a minute running with the CB's off on the front of the genny. Will check ground and code tonight.

I was reminiscing last night about days gone by.

Many years ago I used to teach country dance. Perhaps my favorite song to dance swing and a fast two-step dance with was; Lone Star Beer and Bob Wills Music, by Red Steagall, hope you enjoy it as much as I.

BTW, whatever happened to country music? Oh wait, that's another song.

23 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Ok,here is a question from the Aquahot rookie. Does it hurt to leave it on electric when it is plugged in? And how often do you run it on diesel? I topped up the tank today so everything is looking good.

Bill

In the CG we turn the electric on and leave it.  As long as it's not too cold it will provide hot water and furnace heat.  If cold, turn on the diesel burner, it will cycle on and off just like home.  Just remember if you have a 400 series, and the diesel is running and providing coach heat, if you turn on the hot water, the furnace shuts off until the demand for hot water stops.  If you have a 600 AH, it keeps running no matter what you turn on.  According to the manual, the AH uses .4 GPH.

14 hours ago, manholt said:

Bill, you got Oasis

Yes you are right. I was wondering if it would hurt/damage anything if left on electric when plugged into shore power. We have been cleaning and moving stuff and wife likes having the hot water when she turns on the tap. 

Jim S, thanks for the links. It doesn't look to hard.

Bill

3 hours ago, RayIN said:

I was reminiscing last night about days gone by.

Many years ago I used to teach country dance. Perhaps my favorite song to dance swing and a fast two-step dance with was; Lone Star Beer and Bob Wills Music, by Red Steagall, hope you enjoy it as much as I.

BTW, whatever happened to country music? Oh wait, that's another song.

Ray, Come on down, Join us in the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District for the Red Steagall Cowboy Gathering and Western Swing Festival

http://redsteagallcowboygathering.com/

There is also Other things to do. https://www.fortworthstockyards.org/

But there is always Billy Bob's. Gilley's in Houston has mechanical bulls but Billy Bobs has live bull riding (for the licensed).

You mite like https://lonestarbeer.com/ You can get a tour and tasting.

http://www.buckhornmuseum.com/pages/buckhornmuseum.html

Bill

Thanks for the invite Bill! Sure wish I could. Even if DW was able to make the trip, I now have COPD + 2 heart surgeries. Oh, I added 20# too. Someone would have to carry me off the floor. I gave up teaching when Lin and I married in '95.

I've been to the stockyards, a man could get in trouble quite easily, no hesitation in finding a dance partner. Spotting the brand was hard. Guess it was where my buddy took me, he lived in Van.

Our MH saw about 600 miles last year. Hopefully at least 2,000 this year, IF Mayo Clinic calls back for DW.

On 3/8/2020 at 7:53 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Ok,here is a question from the Aquahot rookie. Does it hurt to leave it on electric when it is plugged in? And how often do you run it on diesel? I topped up the tank today so everything is looking good.

Bill

We leave the electric on with the AH and Earlene will turn on the diesel when she gets up. We leave the grey open and having both the electric and diesel on give continuous hot water - you don't run out.  After I get up and shower I turn the diesel off.  If in cold climate diesel is on as we like the nice quiet sound of the AH running instead of a heat pump.

As Jim said, they need to be exercised monthly and that should also include turning on the thermostat to heat for a few minutes to let the pumps and exchange get a little exercise.

------------------

On another subject, I had left knee replacement on January 21st. Going to PT 3 times a week. Seems to be healing up nice. I don't like the down time though but should be good to go the first week of April.

-----------------------

On another subject, we had a deer mouse get into the coach. Did a lot of damage to the water lines.  Coach is in the shop now and already up to $1000 just in evaluation hours.  Insurance is covering it except for my deductible.

On that note - read you policy. In order to be covered you must physically visit your coach every two weeks.  Fortunately we do that as I like to check things and make sure GFI for 110v feed has not tripped. Easy stop on our way to Son's house. He lives about 1 mile from our storage facility which is about 8 miles from our house.

Cheers! Happy Day Light Savings Time. Did anyone forget to change their clocks?

We have a cruise scheduled for next month. So far we are still a go........

Carnival just gave everyone a $200 on board credit on top of the $100

we already have. That's about a 2 day bar tab, lol. Hopefully everything

stays on schedule.

Wayne.

Since I will have eye surgery May 7th & 15th, I'll wait with my knee until end of Sept. That will give me almost 3 months to recover, before we fly to Norway for Christmas!  My Doctor said that I should have full recovery in 5-7 weeks, since I'm not over weight. 223 lb on 6' 7" frame! 😁

When the insurance agent asked about what amount of deductible we wanted on the Newmar...The choice was 0, 500, 1,000, or 2,000, Linda wanted 0, I told him 2,000 & I wanted full replacement coverage on all exterior items on coach...Linda looked at me, like a wet hen, later I goggled our 2 roof electric awnings & price...she got the picture!  Since we also have 4 window awnings and 3 AC's with Heat pump...that adds up in a hurry!  $2,000 on a summer trip = a month or less!  Cost of insurance is the same as 0 deductible.  Your right on fine print.

Since we live in the country, mice, snakes and other critters is a common enemy.  Coach has been here for 4 days and we are loading it, 2 dead mice in a bay.  We leave today for NE Texas to pick up our dog, then head out to Tucson!  Daisy has spent 3 weeks in training camp with a sister & brother...obidiance and skill competition!

The Atomic clocks have not changed yet. :P

DB, only heard about Princess having problems!  We have friends on ships all over the world, no Corona on board.  Common Flu, Norovirus and colds..yes!  That's normal. 😂  Enjoy your time at sea...where are you going?

Good luck with the headlight repair and the Ball Joint replacement. With those done you should be good to go in December for your trip. As for Daisy and her going to school with her brother and sister, let us know how that turns out. I have met Daisy and tho very cute she does have a mind of her own and what I remember is that she has a tendency to lead you and Linda not the other way around.:rolleyes: Tell her I will have a treat for her in Tucson and she can ride in my cart if she wants to.

With the critters on your place sound like you'll need a couple of cats. Really mean cats.

We also have an Atomic Clock and we have to change it with the time changes (the radio signal has a hard time getting through our metal building)

When and where is the wedding going to take place? And again Congratulations!

Herman

Herman.

Wedding? After Tucson, is all I know!  From what I have heard Daisy does well on  a leash, sit, stay, no tinkle, on/off no bark...failed in here or come as off 5 days ago!  All 12 dogs got to play in the pond, then they all came out and one returned to pond and took a dump! Guess who? 😂:blink:  Linda & I will work with her, between Gladewater & Tucson! 😎

There are a couple of feral cats that come around, also Roadrunners, coons, armadillos, pole cats and possums...a large pack of coyotes, roam the area. 

2 hours ago, manholt said:

DB, only heard about Princess having problems!  We have friends on ships all over the world, no Corona on board.  Common Flu, Norovirus and colds..yes!  That's normal. 😂  Enjoy your time at sea...where are you going?

8 day cruise- Grand Turd Turk, La Romana DR, Curacao and Aruba and like 3 days at sea, that's when we will burn up that credit.

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Cost of insurance is the same as 0 deductible. 

If the price is the same why are you getting a $2000.00 deductible?

Bill

6 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Carl, what do you use to capture/kill mice?

Anyone else?

I successfully use TomCat mouse bait blocks. The active ingredient is Warfarin; mice just eat it and dry up when they die. I drop blocks down wiring/plumbing holes in the MH floor, place behind  drawers; places inaccessible to pets or small children.

I have never found a dead mouse in the RV, when I find one it is underneath the RV. Usually mice do outside the garage searching for water, because they are bleeding internally.

Another method of using TomCat is a DIY bait station. Use 3 1' sections of 2" PVC, 1 Tee, 1 end cap, 1 1' piece of 1/4" all-thread + 2 nuts. The sections of pipe and Tee are assembled  permanently, drill 1/4" hole through end cap, fasten all-thread into end cap. Drop bait blocks onto all-thread and secure with washer and nut. Insert all-thread into the up-right leg of inverted T. Tape end cap onto pipe.

Now you may safely sit this bait station on the back-side of a tire while in storage.

I've had people say it will kill a cat if they eat one of these dead mice, oddly enough I've never had one of the barn cats missing. I've had one go missing the day after I heard coyotes howling up the valley though, they're about the only animal that eats cats. Then I know it's time to get my 7mm-08 and  try to collect bounty on coyotes again.

That's how I do it anyway.

Tom Cat is good.  I go to Feed Store, Linda has the License and it looks like a long green Kit Kat Bar, with gloves on, we break into small pieces with hammer and spread in all bays! Once a year.  I dust the water hose & 50A cord, tires with Sulfa Powder...No mice, ants or critters!  Mice & rats will eat the green stuff,, get uncontrolled need for water,drink them self to death! The mice we found in bay, probably got into something in garage and died in bay...we had not treated yet.

Bill.

With zero deductible our premium would be $700 more than $2,,000, but the awnings and all none factory installed items on roof would not be covered...Yes the awnings are factory and don't ask why, so with 2000 the premium is the same as 0 with all replacement cost.  I paid $3,341 on $300K.

Thanks Carl.

I'm going to visit the repair shop today. The insurance adjuster called me and said he added the repair parts for the parts they found damaged, water hoses.  They are going to pressurize it today and check for more leaks.

When I tried adding water it was like Niagara coming out where the back bathroom is.  The hoses so far the replaced was the ones to the washing machine.  Three gnaw points.

I told the adjuster that after the water leaks are tested and fixed I want to start the generator and push all the electronic buttons I can find.

Sucks big time.

I never thought of dem meeces eating hoses. They had a fiesta in our last MH. Not in this one.

We have mint that grows crazy in our yard I “harvest” it in the fall and throw it under the MH

for the winter. Also use the good ol dryer sheets,(dollar store) everywhere, at least it smells nice. 

No rodents so far.

The last MH they git in thru the rooftop. I left the ropes from the cover hanging on the ground.

Became a ladder. Nice grinding noise when I started it and turned on the heater and with a face full

of mice stuff.

David