dbenoit

Destination- Nova Scotia bound

Carl, all milk in the US is Pasteurized unless it is sold as raw milk someplace, mabey at whole foods or direct from a farm.

Ian, I agree I was in several realey nice grocery stores.

Bill

Good news on the milk. I bringing my fishing pole, hopefully be able to catch fish to eat.

Should I ask about the beef?

You better find out first, what's the cost of a fishing licence?  Don't think they have a "Get your beef license"! :lol:

No fishing license needed in NS. I use an "Ugly Stick" with a Penn 750ss. 

I never trolled for angus before. I'll have to get a pole holder for the back of the MH. I can use the cruise control for trolling speed.

Usually go after the stripers but the bottom fish are good eating. The pic is in Buzzards Bay last year. Not my biggest

but legal.

CapeCod.jpeg

We just got our tour info from Fantasy.  Staging is at KOA, Montreal (some Island), 19 June..suggested we get there a couple of days early.  They recommend the route out of Albany, NY.  That's the way, we will go...after a small (per Linda) detour to Joe!  :( Yes dear! :ph34r:

Carl,  We are 11 Miles north of Albany 3 miles east of exit 8A on I87.  W e have a concrete pad on the farm with 50A and a dump site by the pad if you need a place to stop for a night.

Duane L

16 American Eagle

ISX 600 4000Allison

14 Equinox or 18 Silverado Duramax

M & G brakes

Empire State National Director

Do you think I can bring frozen bait (squid, mackerel)? It sounds like I can but the description

doesn't seem that accurate as it pertains to bait. Already planning to do some clamming as well.

Thanks. 

DB.  As Bill said, bait shops are everywhere!  RV Parks are nice, big & comfortable in NS...not in NL.  PEI is Fantastic!!!

Per person.

You can bring up to 1.5 litres of wine or 1.14 litres of alcoholic spirits or up to 8.5 litres of beer (about 24 cans) each. 

I despise the "or" word, too bad it isn't the "and" word. At least we can double up on the alcohol.

DB.  We  have found that the wine & beer here, is superior to what I get at home...price is about the same.  I can't figure why Ian carries Bud Light.  Craft beer is everywhere! 

Other than Bourbon, the rest is imported to USA via Canada...why bring it back to CA? 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

DB.  We  have found that the wine & beer here, is superior to what I get at home...price is about the same.  I can't figure why Ian carries Bud Light.  Craft beer is everywhere! 

Other than Bourbon, the rest is imported to USA via Canada...why bring it back to CA? 

I guess I'll just bring the Tequila for the night before we cross the border.

24 minutes ago, bm02tj said:

i believe if you have more you just have to pay the sales tax on the extra booze 

And duty, which often makes it more expensive than the booze in the province your entering...

58 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

I guess I'll just bring the Tequila for the night before we cross the border.

If Tequila is your drink, I would bring a 40 ouncer each (1.14 litres of alcoholic spirit) to get you thru. Spirits tend to be much higher in price than in the US. 

Is it best to exchange US dollars for Canadian? I read that you could get hammered on the exchange rate at stores up there.

I would definitely exchange at a bank or ATM, would not advise using US currency at stores. You could use your CC's though and the CC company will give you a fair exchange, plus their fee which is generally another 2-3%

I will exchange at a bank prior. I won't give my CC even .01%  I have a few weeks but already excited and prepping the MH.