BOOSENBEV

Inverted Monitor Panel

We have a 2015 Tiffin Allegro, Open Road.  This is our 4th year using it and for reasons unknown to us, our Monitor Panel is inverted.  The printed fluids are named in correct order, but the digital readout  is not only upside down, it is also backwards. Top to bottom, the readings are Fresh, Grey, Black, and LPG.  The only full tank is the LPG, but the indicator shows Fresh is full and LPG is 1 bar.  We can visually see that there is about 4 inches of water in the tank.  The 12V battery indicator displays the numbers backwards. 

Any suggestions or words of wisdom? Our refrigerator trips whenever we disconnect from shore power, easily remdied by resetting the inverter.  We did that thinking there may be some connection there but it didn't help.  Thanks in advance. 

boosenbev, Yes, welcome to the FMCA forum!

Like Carl asked, Did this just happen and Could you post a picture of the monitor panel?

Rich.

And thank you for the welcome.  We've been here a while, but mostly absorbing everything.  We are now full timers (yippie!) and have encountered some rough roads. Shake, shake, rattle and roll...

By chance does the manual make mention of a setting to invert or flip the display? Sounds like what happened to me once when the power went out - when the power came back my projector clock was showing a mirror image. Took forever to find the settings to fix it.

Another thought - does this happen on shore power or just on inverter? You mentioned a problem with the fridge, so I thought that maybe the power coming from your inverter has become 'dirty' in some way and that the inverter is not producing a sine wave.

Hi Richard. This is consistent in both shore and 12v power.  I am going to try to disconnect from shore and then disconnect the batteries briefly when I return to the RV this afternoon. Hopefully it will reset??  I searched the manual but found no mention.

Have you replaced or unhooked then rehooked the house batteries in the coach lately? The LCD is most likely powered by the 12v house system. If you can get to the back of the panel, unplug both 12v positive and 12v negative, wait 5 minutes, be sure to plug the negative wire back first, and make sure that it is replaced correctly, then plug back the positive. If it were windows, you would hold the ctrl key, then press right arrow twice to correct it, LOL.:)

Boosenbev. Yep< the panel reading is a mirror image. We did that with some security cameras years ago. Not what you want in this case.  Somehow the display driver logic got reversed.

You have some good thoughts on things to try. Should the system not reset - I kind of think a call to the manufacturer and ask questions and IC in the circuit could have lost a logic input or it has failed internally - cold solder connection or the loose of a ground point.

Just when one thinks they have seen about everything a now one pops up.  Just check if you can get to the back of the display and see if one of the flat ribbon cable connectors has Jared loose  and one or more of the data connections is not making a good connection.   The cables just slide into the connector and if when it was assembled  / the assembler did not get the locking tab pressed in tightly.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words, the picture could make for some interesting conversation later on.

Rich.