monacoman06

Can a 2006 Monaco Headlight be changed to LED

I have a 2006 Monaco Dynasty that uses 2005-2007 Ford F250-F550 truck headlights.  I am wondering if anyone has switched over to the LED headlight bulbs and if so do you know which bulbs have to be changed?  Are there both high and low beam bulbs or just one?  Any recommendations for which brand or type bulbs to use?  There seems to be many brands or types on the market.  Thanks to all for their help,

32 minutes ago, Monacoman06 said:

I have a 2006 Monaco Dynasty that uses 2005-2007 Ford F250-F550 truck headlights.  I am wondering if anyone has switched over to the LED headlight bulbs and if so do you know which bulbs have to be changed?  Are there both high and low beam bulbs or just one?  Any recommendations for which brand or type bulbs to use?  There seems to be many brands or types on the market.  Thanks to all for their help,

The Headlights can be refitted with LED's if there is and aftermarket unit available that will match the OEM setup. 

This is a link to members of FMCA with information on LED lighting and other items of interest.

http://www.thervgeeks.com/led-conversion/rv-headlights/

This is one extensive sight that might have a LED option.

https://www.carid.com/

Rich.

Look at the OEM bulb number and look on ebay or whoever your preference is and there will be dozens of sellers of the LED bulb that will work.  I have been running LED bulbs for several years and before that I was running a HID light system.

Thanks to all of you that sent posts.  I checked with GTR Lighting but did not get much help.  My 2006 Dynasty utilizes the 2004 -2009 Ford F150, F250, F350, F450 head light housing.  One gentleman at GTR told me their LED replacement for the H13 bulbs did not work with these year Ford headlights because of a clearance problem and he recommended that I try Headlight Revolution.  I checked with them and got their Supernova V.3 LED Headlights, H13 Bulbs and installed them.  The Headlight Revolution LED bulbs were about half the cost of the GTR bulbs.  The bulbs were easy to install, just plug and play, but I had a problem with the lights flickering.  I called and spoke with one of their sales people who told me that I probably needed to install their Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) module.  The modules connect between the original headlight connector and the LED bulb connector.  Again, a very easy installation.  They sent me the PWM modules at no charge and they solved the flickering problems  The PWM modules list at $49.00 a pair, but they sent them to me for nothing!!  I can't believe the difference the LED lights make.  I had a hard time driving at night because of the poor original equipment head lights, but now have great lighting and don't mind driving at night!  For those of you that do a lot of night driving I would certainly recommend checking out Headlight Revolution products.  They work Great

The only problem with converted lights is they will not melt snow if you get into weather as they donot produce enough heat   

bm.  good thought, but LED headlights are all over Europe & they don't freeze!  Wonder why?  They even use them,  a lot of them, on the Snow Cats in Antarctica! :blink:

bm02tj, That made me smile because I hadn't thought of that angle. Then on the outher hand I have taken a pledge to not drive in those conditions so I would never have found that out.:P

Bill

Bill.  As the temperature drops,  the LED's use less energy to produce the same amount of light.  Normal light bulbs is the direct opposite, therefore they explode, under extreme weather conditions, led  don't. :o:P 

Our 03 Camelot uses Silverado headlight assemblies. I bought LED replacement lamps from M4 Products. Replaced both low and high beams.

Wow, what a wonderful difference.