jleamont

Power sun shade

Anyone able to identify this power shade? I need a new motor, the only label on it is sun bleached out. 

59BED142-F7D5-440B-9E15-F6B3EA750E4D.jpeg

5B54602A-1B5D-4B4D-811C-E3C9BA08354F.jpeg

FBC58F0F-1BBF-47EB-979B-61526D440A6F.jpeg

Thanks Kay, that’s what I thought. I need a motor for the passenger side. I’ll call them in the AM.

21 hours ago, jleamont said:

Anyone able to identify this power shade? I need a new motor, the only label on it is sun bleached out. 

59BED142-F7D5-440B-9E15-F6B3EA750E4D.jpeg

5B54602A-1B5D-4B4D-811C-E3C9BA08354F.jpeg

FBC58F0F-1BBF-47EB-979B-61526D440A6F.jpeg

When you took yours out, did the wires look reversible?  I need to reverse one as direction not the same as driver side.   How was it mounted?

They stopped making that motor a long time ago!  If it's fried, you might be able to find one via REV parts or a junk yard. 

Now, would not be a bad time to replace with day/night shade!

1 hour ago, huffypuff said:

When you took yours out, did the wires look reversible?  I need to reverse one as direction not the same as driver side.   How was it mounted

Ray, you can reverse the wires anywhere between the motor and controller and will take care of your situation.

Carl wins the prize :lol:. Parts no longer available. $310 for a new version. I’m going to call around for a used one tomorrow.

9 hours ago, huffypuff said:

When you took yours out, did the wires look reversible?  I need to reverse one as direction not the same as driver side.   How was it mounted?

Puff, when you reverse the polarity the Motor spins the opposite direction, like a power window Motor. 

Mounting; look at the Motor photo, you can see one mount. The other end cap has the same design. 

8 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Joe, found this link that might be an option for a replacement 12 volt drive motor.

http://rollertrol.com/RV-roller-blind-shade-replacement-motors

Rich.

Rich, I found that website on Sunday, but thanks for the link! I sent them an email, to my surprise I got a response within 2 hours..on Sunday! Andy there told me to purchase one, if it doesn't work just return it for  a full refund. I might give it a shot after I do some more research. I hate returning stuff

10 minutes ago, jleamont said:

Rich, I found that website on Sunday, but thanks for the link! I sent them an email, to my surprise I got a response within 2 hours..on Sunday! Andy there told me to purchase one, if it doesn't work just return it for  a full refund. I might give it a shot after I do some more research. I hate returning stuff

Think that they will work with you, BC outfit. Hopefully they are not to upset with there southern neighbors. 

Rich. 

Joe,

Have you thought about taking it to a rebuilder to see if they can rebuild it.? 

Also try Colaws.com. Give them the P/N and they may have one in stock. If you are returning from New Mexico you could go there on you return trip.

Or are you going to Gillette?

Herman

Herman, I thought about getting the motor fixed, it looks like it was overheated. The armature is melted through the back cover on it and the front mounting bracket. It looks like my DW rested her purse on the switch with all of the heat damage and it also melted itself to the headliner where it mounts :blink:....I didn't go there with her, sometimes you got to pick your fights, that's not one of them :P. Just glad its her side, not mine :lol:

I measured ours, its 40", my local RV dealer has them for $310.00, which I am not paying for a new one. I told her to stop at Walmart, see if they have any black old style window shades :lol:.

Herman, I'm back at work :(

Joe, the one that I sent a link to is 38", just 1" each side, she'll never miss it, and I'll pay half, just to get you back in the house.:rolleyes:

On 7/2/2018 at 9:02 AM, kaypsmith said:

Ray, you can reverse the wires anywhere between the motor and controller and will take care of your situation.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:15 PM, jleamont said:

Puff, when you reverse the polarity the Motor spins the opposite direction, like a power window Motor. 

Mounting; look at the Motor photo, you can see one mount. The other end cap has the same design. 

What I was asking is where you disconnect the motor, are the terminals the same on both wires at the motor. I think it would be easy to reverse them there.  

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, jleamont said:

I measured ours, its 40", my local RV dealer has them for $310.00, which I am not paying for a new one. I told her to stop at Walmart, see if they have any black old style window shades :lol:.

I could devise an old style crank, or a pull rope to turn the mechanism to let it up or down, mine uses sun gears and that is what I'll do when the motors go bad.:rolleyes: Ribs are on the Traeger as I speak, yum yum!;)

Update; I located a company that has a bunch of these used on the west coast. They remove these and replace with one sunshade that is a day/night unit that covers the windshield and additional unit for the side windows if you want to remove your curtains. Here is the link;

http://mcdsunshades.com/

I spoke to the owner Steve, nice guy! He has several complete units (shade and all) $50.00 plus shipping. I was going to just purchase the motor but the newer version isn’t compatible with mine so I opted to take the complete unit. On the outside they look identical, the motor gear box is slightly different internally.

I told my DW not to break this one, of course she didn’t do it :lol::ph34r:.

4 hours ago, jleamont said:

Update; I located a company that has a bunch of these used on the west coast. They remove these and replace with one sunshade that is a day/night unit that covers the windshield and additional unit for the side windows if you want to remove your curtains. Here is the link;

http://mcdsunshades.com/

I spoke to the owner Steve, nice guy! He has several complete units (shade and all) $50.00 plus shipping. I was going to just purchase the motor but the newer version isn’t compatible with mine so I opted to take the complete unit. On the outside they look identical, the motor gear box is slightly different internally.

I told my DW not to break this one, of course she didn’t do it :lol::ph34r:.

Joe,

You are a brave man.

Jim