Sign in to follow this  
smarksel

RVA jacks

I have RVA jacks on my 2001 Safari RV.  One of my jacks will go down, but intermittently will not come up.  I don't think it is a faulty switch because I have a set of switches in the cockpit and another set of switches by the motor.  If I play with the switch long enough, the jack will finally retract. The jacks are hydraulic, using Dextron II.  Is there a solenoid or release valve that could be sticking?  RVA is permanently closed.  

34 minutes ago, smarksel said:

I have RVA jacks on my 2001 Safari RV.  One of my jacks will go down, but intermittently will not come up.  I don't think it is a faulty switch because I have a set of switches in the cockpit and another set of switches by the motor.  If I play with the switch long enough, the jack will finally retract. The jacks are hydraulic, using Dextron II.  Is there a solenoid or release valve that could be sticking?  RVA is permanently closed.  

This is a PDF file that covers the RVA Leveling systems quit well.

Rich.

RVA_Auto_Leveling_System_autopr80405.pdf

Years ago I was a dealer for RVA.  Will it retract using the manual valve?  

The last time I saw Dennis Kay was some 7 years ago and he was just about shut down with only one employee left, from a high of 20.

Northwest RV supply  in Oregon  carriers parts for Monaco, Beaver and Safari and they do carry a limit supply of RVA parts

Jerry

If they are the Jacks with the springs that pull them up I have seen where the cylinder is tight stopping it from retracting. To test this hit retract and use pry bar to push up on affected jack and it should retract. I've replaced cylinders for this type of issue and spraying with WD40 sometimes helps but not always.

All hydraulic jacks need the shaft cleaned and lubricated, especially if they have been extended for very long. Some have a grease fitting that needs a little shot of grease to make them work properly. I think that the jacks like the rest of your systems benefit from frequent exercise. 

Bill 

WD40 is not a lubricant. Silicon or Lithium is. I use my Jacks for stability, if I'm in a park for more  than a couple of days.  Tonight I'm on air level since we leave in am!

You are correct Carl, however some jack company's call it out by name. I think it works more as a cleaner. I use the dry silicone to reduce how much dust is attracted and sticks to wet type lubes. The best lube is the same hydraulic oil as is used in the system. 

Bill 

Again, Visit Brazel’s RV in GrantsPass Oregon for parts as the are now apparently owners of RVA and have a wide variety of componentry with more coming