bh2oman

Adventurer Whole Side Slideout Finger Pointing

Has anyone else had a problem where the big ¾ length driver side slideout track system had to be replaced with a beefier 3-track system?

Current Status:
My RV repair guy was afraid to tackle the repair of a huge slideout until he talked to Lippert (LCI). When he did, LCI interrupted him and said: “Let me guess … the slide is out of sync back to front and top to bottom – right?” After a few confirming questions, LCI said: “Winnebago installed the wrong system. There is no way that little two-track system can handle that huge slideout.
My guy called Winnebago (who seemed to know that there is a problem with system that had been installed) and they told him that, since Camping World did not report the problem (see below) when the rig was under warranty, they are no longer responsible for its repair.
I’m using bullets to shorten this history as much as possible

• Purchased a new Adventurer 37F in 2015
  • It has a huge driver’s side slideout that carries everything including the kitchen sink, closet, washer & dryer, 80% of all inside storage, 42” TV and lift system, table and a residential refrigerator.
  • Noted right away that the front end was out of sync with the rear and there was a gap on the bottom that was greater than on the top
  • Even if I could sometimes get the slideout to snug-up, it would move out again after driving a few miles
  • Four months after purchase, took it in to CW for several warranty fixes including the slideout
  • CW told me that it was “within spec” – saying in general that it was as good as it will get and they documented that in writing (evidently did not report this to Winnebago)
  • The slideout moved in and out and we were having no problem with leaks … so we have been using it for almost three years (We are on the road 6-7 months of the year.)
  • Recently, after bringing it in and was starting drive, I heard a loud pop. It was so loud that I stopped and inspected – saw nothing
  • The next time I had the slide all the way out, I noticed that there was damage to the lower-front gear track in the form of damaged teeth near the outer end
  • Took it in to my RV repair shop (not CW) and this is where this story above began
We are going to fight this – but that’s a story for later

I wish you luck fighting them. Check your states Lemon Law, and hold on to any and all documentation regarding that particular problem, then go for it.

It is a common problem with those years 2013, 2014 ,2015. They finally got it right in 2016. When I purchased our Tour I stayed away from those years because of that.

It really bites that Winnebago won't repair it--- knowing they've had these problems. Their customer service is getting horrible. If it were a Tiffin it would be a no issue for them to make it right.

Good luck in your Battle . . . Hope you win

As Kay said.  One more thing, since it is documented by CW, you might want to start there!

Good Luck

Hi All - Quick Update:

I have found out a few important facts - 1. The "Replacement" system is called a SlimRack and Winnebago is helping people.  So far, it looks like out of warranty owners should take their rigs to Winnebago. I have been told by those who have been there that they charge anywhere from zero to reduced cost to what an extended warranty company pays. I do not know how they decide to charge what they do.

2.  These whole wall slideouts are too big for most facilities to handle.  Also, it is best to take a rig to a facility that has retrofitted a few.  Finally, it may be necessary to add a roller under the heaviest part of the slide and Winnebago can do that too.

3.  Lastly, the SlimRack system still has just to tracks on each end, but they are much beefier and should last the life of a rig's normal cycles. 

I will keep you updated as I gather info.

bh2oman

I have a 2010 Itasca Suncruiser 37f with the full wall slideput on the drivers side, same layout to the Adventurer.   My slide is powered by powergear.  I have some sync issues.  Is this the same system?  I do not have issues with it moving out after retracted. And no leaks.