Sign in to follow this  
rcieslak67

Flat Tow

I have grown very tired of dealing with where to store my Demco tow dolly so now I would like to flat tow a 2012 Focus, which I have been told is flat towable. My question since we have many RV's here that have towing experience. What is the best towing system, Blue OX,  Roadmaster etc. Anyone care to make a recommendation.

I would recommend by downloading the installation instructions from Blue OX and Roadmaster for your Focus to see which you prefer (strength, ease of installation, ease of setting up to tow, etc).

Both are good companies.

Whatever you chose, look at base plate for each and brakes that are best on a Focus.  There is no "one fits all"!

Did you know you can have Blue Ox rebuild/refurbish your towbar at a FMCA rally for about $30.00? I have had a couple of them done.

Bill

We made the same switch with our Ford C-Max, and preferred the Roadmaster set up as it is practically invisible when you get to where you are staying a while and take the external stuff off.  Very easy on and off, so we choose not to drive around with it all on.