Sign in to follow this  
sunnyboy43

Repair shop not cooperative. What to do?

I took my class A to a repair facility 2 months ago for estimates on storm damage that I filed insurance claims against.  To date, I have not been able to get them to give me a bill for the work they have done that was denied coverage by the insurance company.  They keep using the excuse that they are very busy, I'll get so-and-so to do this, give us a few more days.... In the meantime, I had the insurance company send me checks on the settlement amount sans the repair facility name and told the repair folks to stop all work until I get a bill for what has been done so far.  I am concerned they will jack up the cost of non-covered repairs and  I have exhausted my patience in getting them to give me a bill so that I can evaluate their charges to see if I am being taken advantage of.

How can I go about getting my MH back?  I am sure they will use the power of mechanic's lien, but I am willing and able to pay, they just won't tell me what I owe.  They want the complete repair job, but at this point I don't want them to do it and have plans to take it somewhere that will respect me as the owner of the vehicle.  I have never run into a situation like this before.  Do I get an attorney?

I flew down to Florida to try to resolve this issue, and when I got there, I got an email from the shop wanting to know if the insurance settlement was resolved and would I want to proceed with repairs.  Serendipity strikes again.  I used the  opportunity to ask for an appointment that afternoon to discuss the issues.  They put me off until next week, but allowed that they had fired the former service manager and hired someone new.

We will see how things work out when I tell them my decision to work on one project at a time and if it meets my approval, we might work on the next one.