Sign in to follow this  
eric@babin.com

Looking for Recommendation for Chasis Work N.E. of San Antonio

I'm looking for recommendation for chassis work for Freightliner. (2014 Itasca Ellipse / Winnebago Tour)

I need to have air suspension looked at (the right front side seems to be soft)

Also will need oil change etc.

Needs to be near Pipe Creek / Bandera TX (just north east of San Antonio).

We will also need a full set of tires.

Long wait for appointment not a huge issue.... we won't be there until early October. 

Texas Custom Coaches in Pipe Creek can do service work and PMs. Carl can tell you about tires there. What brand of tires are you looking for. Have you looked at FMCAs Michelint/Continental program? 

Herman 

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 0:00 PM, hermanmullins said:

Texas Custom Coaches in Pipe Creek can do service work and PMs. Carl can tell you about tires there. What brand of tires are you looking for. Have you looked at FMCAs Michelint/Continental program? 

Herman 

I have looked at the FMCA tire program. Michelin would be great, but I've also heard Toyo is great and although not part of the FMCA plan can be less expensive.

Regarding Texas Custom Coaches.... I'll give them a call for an appointment. Thank you.

-Eric

OK... Freightliner Austin will not make an appointment and says it would be 2-3 days before they could look at it.  I even explained that we don't need an appointment until October and that we live in the RV full time. 

That doesn't work for us. We must be able to make appointment and have them look at it that day.... we can't drop it and wait for them to "get around to it".

Any recommendations for someplace that can look at a Freightliner chassis RV for pulling, soft suspension on one side, new tires, and oil change that will make an appointment so I know they'll look at it the same day we drop it off.  (in the San Antonio, Austin area)

Had a similar experience in Houston. Freightliner had no way to get us in for a few days. That would have been OK. They had no level parking spots and no power to keep our refrigerator running. Everything in the coach spoiled  and they used plastic sheets to cover the floor that stuck to there work boots and the interior was a mess.  They also where just going to let the coach leave with out cleaning the CAC and radiator that where well covered in Diesel fuel.

There is a very big gap in Freightliner service Oases centers, Some are very RV friendly and others just would like RVers to disappear !!! 

Freightliner has worked well for us regarding information, help and parts on a number of occasions, but there service shops tend to be loosely connected to there published information.

THe up side there are some that make you well come have great resources like power and water an almost clean enough to eat of the blacktop.  

Rich.

5 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

You couldn't make an appointment at Texas Custom Coach?

They can do the oil change... but nothing else....  (check why coach is pulling right and front right suspension is soft)

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, hermanmullins said:
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, elkhartjim said:

You couldn't make an appointment at Texas Custom Coach?

Herman 

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:24 AM, manholt said:

One note on this.  Boerne, Kerrville, Bandera and Pipe Creek is West of SA.  Not East ! 

Good news.... it seems Texas Custom Coach CAN do everything on my list.... not sure why I was told otherwise when I called. I must have miscommunicated somehow?????

and.... dang it... yet, I should have said North WEST, not EAST of SA. 

Appointment made for October 8th!