richard5933

North Dallas - Looking for dry camping or campground option

Question

We're going to visit family in North Dallas (Beltline Rd & Meandering Rd area) over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. So far, I've found nothing even near that where we can dry camp or get a campground reservation. Unfortunately my brother's driveway is way to small (and accessed from an alley) for the bus, and he lives on Meandering Way which is to narrow and busy for us to park on the street for more than a few minutes. No Walmart in the area allows overnight, and I've exhausted my resources looking for some place to park.

Any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

Richard, 

If I am not mistaken Meandering Way is in Richardson. We lived on Worcester Way for 8 years. There is a shopping center on Belt Line between Arapaho and Coit. You may be able to dry camp there. There is a hospital on Campbell Road just off Central Expressway (Hwy75) that may work.

You could have your brother check on each place. I don't know if Richardson allows overnight parking. Your brother could check that also.

Good luck, let me know what you find.

Herman 

Meandering Way runs north/south. Just a bit north of my brother is Richardson, but they are in Dallas. Oddly, their kids go to Richardson schools (as did back in high school). The line gets a bit blurry between Dallas and Richardson in that part of town.

I forgot there is a RV Park up 75 in Melissa called Lighthouse. About 15 to 20 miles north. I know you can park over night in the Sam's lot in McKinney. I have seen coaches there many times. 

Herman