Sign in to follow this  
isaaac1

FMCA Roadside Rescue question

I need to sign up for a new roadside assistance program, I had the old FMCA coverage, but I think it either just lapsed, or will in the next few days.  I plan to sign up for the new Roadside Rescue coverage, does anyone here know how long of delay there is from signing up before it goes into effect? I know I will also have to extend my FMCA membership which expires in December,  I ask because we don't have any RV trips planned until at least next month, possibly not until September, and I don't see a point in paying for roadside assistance coverage while the coach sits in its storage shed.

thanks

You can wait for a while if not using your coach. Remember to renew for as long as you want coverage. You can purchase 3 years and guarantee the $69.95 price. You will need to renew your membership for the same 3 years. 

Herman 

The last I heard ws two business days, but that may have improved in past year since I went to the seminar at Chandler, AZ. 

I just got around to signing up today, and wanted to post back to let any future readers of this thread know it is a 72 hour wait before it becomes effective.  This works out ok for me as our trip is still a week away, though I would have liked to have had it last Monday, as I ended up stuck on the side of the road while taking my coach into a local shop to get the brake pads replaced and the dash air conditioner fixed.  4 miles into a 7 mile drive to the shop I blew a pin hole leak steel hydraulic  hard line and lost all the automatic transmission fluid from my automatic parking brake.  Thankfully I was able to refill the reservoir and barely make it the last 3 miles to the shop, getting another low pressure warning light as I turned into their parking lot.  (The coach had been sitting for 5 or 6 weeks in its storage shed since my last 1,500 mile trip)

Isaaac1.

6 weeks in storage should not show any ill  affects on your coach.   Pin hole leak?  That's what Gorilla Tape is for! :D

Yeah,  Gorilla tape why didn't I think of that, I even have some in the coach.  Just what is needed to hold back 1800 psi of hydraulic pressure :)

10 hours ago, Isaaac1 said:

Yeah,  Gorilla tape why didn't I think of that, I even have some in the coach.  Just what is needed to hold back 1800 psi of hydraulic pressure :)

You might need 2 wraps.:P

Bill