studebrucer

Newmar Ventana LE Sewer hose

We are new owners of a 2014, 3433 Newmar Ventana LE. We cannot connect the stinky slinky, through the whole in the bottom of the bay to the coach connection. I have tried a 45, and 90 degree elbow, but they do not solve the problem. Not an earth shattering issue, we can always connect before we dump, but I would like to be able to connect and close the bay door. Nothing special or modified about our coach, so we cannot be the only coach with this challenge. Hoping for a solution.

This Topic sound very familiar. I think is was discussed before.

My best solution would be to contact Newmar.  They may know of the issue and have a solution.

Herman 

Some pictures of the trouble area will be helpful. What did the previous owners do? Or is this why they no longer own the coach? It sounds as though the door is improperly positioned below the valtera valve, if so, you might think about two 90 degree with a short slinky connecting them, then down through the hose door.

It isn't necessary to attach your hose while you're camping... you won't be leaving the valve open (Bad JuJu), and there's little point in HAVING it attached when not in use. Why not simply leave it unattached, and pull it out for dumping at the end of your stay?

By the way, I also have a Ventana LE, and the port on the floor of the bay unscrews (if you choose to use it) so you can insert your hose through it. Should be large enough to do so with the connector on the end, but know that the connector can be removed for such installation.

Thanks for all the feedback. I ran into another Ventana owner. Their hose was significantly more flexible than mine. I ordered a Camco flex hose extension, that did the trick.