Sign in to follow this  
Chrisk22

2018 Tiffin 34pa suspension upgrade

The wife and i just bought this rv.It is our first rv. We took it to  California for our first trip. We almost blew off the road.At our rv location in cali are neighbor told us to get a stabilizer bar. Which we did when we returned home.We then took to mexico last week. The ride was better but not great. I have been researching many different things.sumo springs , trac bar , upgraded front and back sway bars and new Koni shocks.We also heard about liquid spring which tiffin is considering as an option. They only have for the back as of now but should have the front system done soon.I spoke with a guy name Rick who was a client of liquid springs. He has has all upgrades , and then installed the liquid spring on the back and left the rest of upgrades on front.Does any one else have liquidspring and or any advice for a better ride and safer for us. Thanks much--Chris

Chris.  Welcome to the Forum!

First have your coach weight, front/back and side/side, loaded as you would on a trip.  Have your alignment, toe in checked.  Make sure your tires (cold) have the air pressure to weight in them....don't go by the air pressure chart inn the coach.

Please let us know what you come up with.

Chrisk22,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

There is an in-depth article on Liquid Spring in the June 2018 FMCA Magazine.  Page 36.

11 hours ago, Chrisk22 said:

Wolfe what type of rv do you have?

Only had diesel pushers,  no gas rigs.  But career in the automotive industry, so pretty familiar with gas chassis as well.

Manholt/Wolfe i have brung my coach to be looked at by straight line suspension.You can see on the kitchen side it really leans to it. Lots of weight including the water tank.He suggest another spring. Also sumo front and back. Koni shocks and a bigger sway bar for back. My question is. For a 2018 tiffin 34pa gas coach what can i do for suspension upgrades to really give a good ride. Air bags , liquid springs etc..

In your case, since it's new & under warranty, I would take it back to the Dealer or Red Bay, AL.  Let them fix it for you!  You should not have to spend a dime! 

12 hours ago, Chrisk22 said:

For a 2018 tiffin 34pa gas coach what can i do for suspension upgrades to really give a good ride. Air bags , liquid springs etc..

Actually, a pretty complex question.

Leaf spring coaches can be leveled by adding leafs to the low side or by adding shims to the low side.

But,  this will not materially change ride quality.  When talking about ride quality, only you can determine how much to spend on improvements.

Will Liquid Spring give you a better ride and handling than air bags-- absolutely.  I have test driven a 2017 Ford F53 coach with it.  I understand several manufacturers are now offering it as an upgrade option on new coaches.

Liquid only has there system for the back for now. They should have for front soon.Wolfe the coach you tried what did the front have on it stock , sumo , new shocks etc...

1 hour ago, Chrisk22 said:

Liquid only has there system for the back for now. They should have for front soon.Wolfe the coach you tried what did the front have on it stock , sumo , new shocks etc...

I know the front leaf spring suspension was in place.  Sorry, don't remember if there were other upgrades to it.  Liquid Spring could certainly tell you all the details about their demo coach.

I did not go into all the coaches that was present in Gillette, WY.  We did do, Entegra, American Coach, Tiffin, Monaco and Renegad.  Most diesel, some gas.  What we found, is that all but 2 coaches, was heavy on one side....kitchen, sofa, bed & washer/dryer.  All on Driver Side, so that means you also have fresh water & B/G on the same side!  Not good on a DP and horrible on a gasser!!!  IMHO I feel that the "BLING", makes the buyer over look things that don't make sense! :blink:

I keep the heavier items on the opposite side in my coach, both under and inside.  It does work!  OP might try that first. 

On 7/23/2018 at 6:52 AM, manholt said:

I did not go into all the coaches that was present in Gillette, WY.  We did do, Entegra, American Coach, Tiffin, Monaco and Renegad.  Most diesel, some gas.  What we found, is that all but 2 coaches, was heavy on one side....kitchen, sofa, bed & washer/dryer.  All on Driver Side, so that means you also have fresh water & B/G on the same side!  Not good on a DP and horrible on a gasser!!!  IMHO I feel that the "BLING", makes the buyer over look things that don't make sense! :blink:

I keep the heavier items on the opposite side in my coach, both under and inside.  It does work!  OP might try that first. 

We have our 2018 tiffin 34pa at La Mesa Rv.We are having the Liquidsprings installed and Koni shocks.I will see how this changes the ride.