Sign in to follow this  
john4607

Refrigerator Problem

My Norcold 1200LRIM Refrigerator was one of the ones with the cooling coil recall...It blew out about the time I got the letter. I took it in and the cooling coil was changed. When I got it home it wouldn't run in gas mode. I took it back and they ended up changing the power board. I haven't been anywhere in it but I keep it on while parked at my home. It ran good for awhile, but I noticed on day that it was off. In checking, I found the 12volt fuse was blown. I changed it and it runs for a week or two and blows again? I emailed Norcold, but they won't help and refered me back to the repair facility. It seems likely it's an easy fix so I thought someone might have the answer without me having to go to the hassle of taking it back to the shop. Any help will be appreciated.

Did you ever get this problem solved???

It doesn't hurt anything to go up a bit with your replacement fuse. If it was a 10 amp one you could go to a 15 amp or even a 20 amp one without hurting anything. Note from moderator: Can't say I would recommend replacing with a higher amp fuse. Best advice is to determine the cause of the fuse blowing. The fuse is there for a purpose. Doubling it's capacity may only mask the problem or worse, lead to a fire. Brett.

Best thing to do really is to just replace the fridge completely with a residential fridge. Sure it is only 120 volts but you are plugged in all the time when parked anyway right and you can run the generator for 15 minutes every hour while on the road just to maintain cool within the box. You will gain nearly double the cubic footage of space inside and you can stop worrying about if the fridge is keeping cool enough.

This is what we did after 2 failures of our 4 door Norcold fridge. After several calls to Norcold they finally told me they didn't know how to keep those fridges working. Save yourself a lot of trouble and just replace it with a real fridge and be done with it.