Sign in to follow this  
chollenback

Safari Sahara Leveling Issues

I drove 1,500 miles to Quebec Canada in my 95 safari sahara and everything was great. I put up and down the leveling jacks with no issues. I noticed on the return trip that my 15 year old son hit the leveling u switch and it as like this for about 400 miles. I got to first stop was ready to put down the levelers an nothing. THe lights are n but they were not going down. I looked for a reset switch and fuse and could not find one. Any ideas? DId I burn out solenoid or something? Any help would be great. Thanks

The power for the jacks is supplied from the chassis batteries.  Through the ignition switch in most cases.

Might look in the front left bay of the coach, think there is a fuse panel there on your coach that powers the leveling system, but With the ignition switch in the off position - do the leveling system lights come on?  If not then leave the Ign.. sw. in the off position for 10 min. or so then try them again. Transmission in Neutral - park brakes set.

Reading some information and I think you have an older Power Gear leveling system that could include this feature.

AUTOMATIC SAFETY SHUTOFF FEATURE

If the touch panel is left on and inactive for four minutes it will shut off automatically. To reset the system the coach ignition must be turned off, then back on.

Take a look at this link, look like your control panel or close to it?

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/drawings/pg-82-L0140-00.pdf

Rich.