Sign in to follow this  
akadeadeye

Natchez Trace Parkway

Question

7 answers to this question

I've done it a couple times in my last 38ft motorhome without any issues. The speed limit is 50mph and is enforced so don't be in any hurry. There are some low  clearance bridges on some of the side roads to be aware of. The weekends are crowded with bicyclist.  

Yes easy drive and just south of Natchez a great sea food restaurant on the left below the road. Big parking lor on north side of the building. Same turn n a sherrifs office and fligt for life. We spent the night in the parking lot after eating no charge and great food. Natchez is a very interesting city. There is a great deal of history here and certainly worth a long look. We were through in March last year in a 43 foot DP and toad,

Been on it several times, both ways, 37 Foot to 45 DP.   Love it in the fall.  It's a nice slow drive.  Tuesday-Thursday is best. :wub:

Check the Trace website.  A overall length restriction of 55 feet including tow or towed vehicle.  You also need to check the pull outs which are closed to RVs.

Ken

Not all pull out's are closed. :D In summer, it gets real crowded, that's why I prefer October. :)