Question

We are considering traveling to the YUMA AZ are for January 2019. We have heard the area is great for off roading. We would also like to travel to the coast in California.

Can anyone tell us about your experiences from the area.

Thank you,

Kevin and Barb 

4 answers to this question

Many like Yuma, very flat...We like the Quartzsite area a bit north as it is more mountainous and closer to some lakes. There are a lot of trails all over the BLM lands and similar lands owned by trusts and Arizona everywhere it seems. The areas lend themselves well to moving about particularly if you have the included facilities to dry camp. 

California, yes you have to drive through it to get to the coast and for coaches the speed limit is 55, absurd. Traffic is horrid and then there are the earthquakes...no I do notlike the area inspite of having many friends and family there. Northern most part of the state ok but still the 55 mph rule holds tight.

Kalifornia?  Don't get me started !!!  Lived there for 9 years (Santa Monica, Topanga Canyon & Malibu)! :wacko::ph34r:

Don’t go telling Carl he is smart, he will get a big head:lol:.  Sorry Carl, couldn’t help myself!  

Roland