miaaron

2004 Safari Simba Black Tank Flush

This is our 8th or 9th RV and I've always been able to service most things but for the life of me I can't find the black tank flush nozzle on the tank. I've have good pressure through the backflow valve but nothing into the tank so I assume it's plugged.

I've dropped a camera / scope into the tank and can see that's it's not been well cared for. There is enough stuff that I can't locate the flush nozzle from the inside either. I can trace all of the lines until they dissapear through a bulkhead for wards the driver side / front of the tank.

Does anyone know of a hidden access to get to the nozzle?

Thanks, Michael

Michael,

Welcome to the Forum.

As Ross asked, are you sure you have a Tank Flush? If you do there should be a hook up or connection to connect a hose to.

Herman

Yes it should have one, my 1999 Panther has one. But beings it is a Monaco the assembly of the panels in the cargo area could be different than the SMC years. Look carefully inside at the panels behind it. SMC used drywall screws through the carpet to tie them together.  The tie method could also be Velcro. In any event it is not rocket science. 

Positive it has one. Clearly marked "Black Tank Flush". I can follow the line to under the bathroom sink, I have tested the backflow preventer and followed the line under the shower and back behind the wet bay. The line goes forward towards the black tank which sits between the rear wheels / above the fuel tank. The inside of the tank is "cruddy" with years of neglect.

Since I can't see the flush nozzle with a camera inside the tank I get the unenviable task of pressure washing inside the tank and hope I hit the flush nozzle enough to clean it - wherever it is.

I may opt to cap it off and add a new nozzle. Even though it will be on the wrong end of the tank to push anything out, it will help clean the surfaces.

Thanks, Michael

Welcome to the forum. 

4 hours ago, miaaron said:

Since I can't see the flush nozzle with a camera inside the tank I get the unenviable task of pressure washing inside the tank and hope I hit the flush nozzle enough to clean it - wherever it is.

There are people who offer that service (pressure washing inside the tank) They were at a rally I was at last year, so that is an option if you can locate someone in your area.

I would try a easeyer method of using one of the commercial tank cleaning/dissolving chemicals and add some Calgon water softener fill it full of water and let it set for a few days. You may need to do this a couple of times depending on condition.:o

Bill

You can also add a 1/4 cup of Dawn and take a 50 mile drive, then do as Bill said. :)  He's not right on everything, just most. :rolleyes: