momdoc

New to this forum

My wife and I are retired early ( 56 for me and 50 for her) and left the US for the Dominican Republic 12+ years ago.  We had always wanted to live in the Caribbean.

We recently sold our Class C (Isata3) after 18 months and bought a new 2018 Tiffin RED 37PA and are loving it.

Currently we split our time between the motor home (3-4 months at a time) exploring various areas of the US and our Villa in the Dominican Republic (2-3 months at a time).  The villa is currently on the market and as soon as it sells we will be in the MH full time.

We belonged to FMCA many years ago (24 or so) and are looking forward to being part of the community again.

We look at life as an adventure and we are getting ready to start the next one… Full Timing.

momdoc

momdoc, I second Bill's welcome !

Island life has its own charm, many on the forum have sailed in and around the area. 

For me I tend to get Island fever, Not enough roads and love to have the ability to change the view outside the coach, from Palm trees to snow covered mountains.

Rich.

**** and Lois that is one of the reasons we chose the DR.  It is a huge country and you can drive for 6 hours or more in one direction and never see ocean.  We have mountains, and it even  snows on Pico Duarte every couple of years to beautiful beaches, jungles and desserts.  This as well as huge cities (Santo Domingo is one with a population of over 3 million) and small rural towns.  But after nearly 13 years we are ready for something new.

momdoc

Ditto!  

Have been to hundreds of Islands, big & small, still restricted by water.  DR is like PR, they both, are big Islands and the inhabitants fly back and forth to America.  I lived on Grand Cayman for 6 months a year, between 1978 to 1993...nice part was leaving for work or play and coming back when I wanted.  I also retired young (42) in 1985.  Spent 4 months a year, 1996 to 2015 cruising Islands all over the world and now I'm quite happy to travel around the US.