lgosselin

Scusset92

Hello all,

This is my first time posting so here goes...

I am wondering if anyone out there has purchased a "VISTASHADE" for their RV. We have a class A with a 20 foot awning that goes out almost flat as it also goes over a slide. It is essentially useless as a sun shade. 

The VistaShade has a part that attaches to the awning tube and gets rolled up in there. My concern is whether it will be too much "stuff" rolled up that the awning shield will not work.

Any suggestions are more than welcome, and many thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, lgosselin said:

Hello all,

This is my first time posting so here goes...

I am wondering if anyone out there has purchased a "VISTASHADE" for their RV. We have a class A with a 20 foot awning that goes out almost flat as it also goes over a slide. It is essentially useless as a sun shade. 

The VistaShade has a part that attaches to the awning tube and gets rolled up in there. My concern is whether it will be too much "stuff" rolled up that the awning shield will not work.

Any suggestions are more than welcome, and many thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

I couldn't find anything that works like that(rolling up in the awning tube). I would look at a sunroom to give you more shade. Something like this.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/search?categoryId=&query=sun+room

Bill

On my 2011 Allegro Bus, my awning would come out and if I did not stop it, a screen would come down about 6 feet.  It was a Girrard Electric Awning!

2 hours ago, lgosselin said:

Thanks for the info!  Did the awning have a shield on it when it was closed? I am concerned that the extra material may cause a problem.

The extra material is removed and stored before you retract your awning. 

Bill

The drop screen on our coach drops about 3 feet that is enough to zip the 6 foot extension to it.   You unzip the extension and the three footer rolls up in the carefree awning no problem.  There are 4 tie downs to keep it tight.  I got away with using two 5 gallon buckets on  each end.  

llgosselin --

Welcome to the forum!   There are many very knowledgeable, very experienced folks (I call them experts!) on the forum the help much less experienced folks like me with their motorhome questions.  A couple of years ago and LSU football tailgating buddy introduced me to the "EZ Zip Blocker" sun shade made by Carefree of Colorado (I purchased mine at Camping World in Houston).  The top part of the shade rolls-up nicely with the awning.  When "unfurled", the lower section is attached by a zipper.  I use tent stakes to tie-down the bottom end.   The sun shade provides wonderful shade and comfort on a hot Saturday morning in September in Baton Rouge!

Here's the link to the EZ Zip Blocker sun shade at Camping World --> https://www.campingworld.com/ez-zipblockers   It may be found for a lower price on Amazon or other websites. 

When you have time, add info such as motorhome make, model and year as that info helps the many experts on the forum answer questions.