Sign in to follow this  
rossboyer

Newton KOA

We have spent many a weekend at the KOA in Newton Iowa.

We have not noticed the sites to be any tighter or the roads to be any more difficult to navigate than many other KOA's that are just off the interstate.

Wish we could have gone through Colorado. My coach is overheating. Talked to Freightliner at Gillette. They suggested a solution. If it works, I will post it. 

On way home developed a leak in the cooling system, not the original problem. Cat could not get me in for two weeks. They suggested Freightliner in Davenport, Iowa. Limped there at 35-40 mph. Truckers really liked that. $515 later we are on our way, but still have the.overheating problem. Got home and was cleaning and rearranging the bin where I store extra fluids. Found that tech had put in 4 gal of 50/50 sea coolant. I had asked for ELC concentrate, but they only had 50/50. Didn’t tell me it was sca. Called, they wanted me to bring it in to be flushed and filled with elc. I am home 450 miles from them. There is a Freightliner service location 5 miles from my home. Next Wednesday they are to flush, add 5 gal of Cat elc concentrate and top off with distilled water. Supposed to be no charge. We will see. I will post. 

25 minutes ago, elkhartjim said:

I thought narrow sites and narrow roads were a standard layout for KOA's.

Exactly! 

You need to stop at KOA Buffalo, WY.  KOA Loveland, CO.  KOA Devil's Tower, WY.  KOA Rapid City, SD, KOA Wakeeny Kansas and KOA Tucumcarri, NM.  Nothing narrow!  Easy in/out and wide spaces for my 45+, 4 slide coach! 

Maybe its a East USA hing!  

Carl, we have stayed several times at the Wakeeney, KS KOA. We have found it to be a friendly location, a little hard to get into but nice level site. Will stay there again if we are in the area.

Herman

Wakeeney KOA/ Have been using it for over thirty years. Really easy to get into after the first time. Lots of room. Current owner has the best cable lineup I have seen.. Limon Colorado KOA offers plenty of room also. Colorado Springs KOA roomy but can be noisy because of the Interstate. There are many others good also.

We will pass, on Tocomcarri, NM KOA !  Tight and horrible speed bumps in park! :blink: Pull through is me one way,  trailer other way & a coach my way...with trees! :angry: They did have hot food delivered to RV...very good.  Breakfast is only served in building, but we took it back to rig.  Excellent. :)