dannydanni

Summer 55+ RV Parks

We are thinking about finding one place to spend about 3 to 4 months of the summer in our RV instead of traveling all summer. We would prefer a 55+ park, but would consider other parks.  The most important thing is that the park has a sense of community with activities, as well as some amenities in the park and a town close by for shopping, restaurants, movies etc. We are also trying to get out of the Texas heat, so we are looking at heading north or somewhere cooler.  Any suggestions for RV parks that meet this criteria or sources for information on how to find these types of RV parks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Don't know about 55+ parks, but the weather here in Wisconsin is really nice this summer. Days mostly in the upper 70s to upper 80s with nights in the upper 60s. It will probably warm up, but so far this has been a great summer for sleeping with the windows open.

I lived in Texas for over twenty years until I could leave. Not sure why anyone would stay in Texas for the summer if given the option.

This is my first post. Been a member since March 2017 and still pissed off that FMCA is no longer a MOTOR COACH association. Undecided if I'll renew.

To help answer your question. I'd recommend Traverse Bay RV Resort in Traverse City Michigan or Wagon Trail RV in Door County Wisconsin (Ellison Bay). Neither one is 55+ but both are very well maintained. If the temp rises above 85 degrees, it's a "heat wave".

Take a look at Ruidoso, NM 7,000 feet.  Circle B RV Park.  I'm currently in Alto, NM at Ruidoso Motor Coach Ranch, second time this year.  Will be back at the ranch in Burnet County, Sat.  Your 103/80 compared to my 73/55! Ugh.

MisterDiggs.  Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry you feel that way!   It's your personal choice.  You can leave, but your F# will always be available if you return! :)