When will Verizon truly be unlimited ? It is apparently unlimited but after 25 gigs it slows down so far that it is useless.  I may use 25 gigs every 4 months then Hours for a simple download.  SORRY!

I think that is for current month usage, then start over next month, until you hit 25GB.

Yes that is bs, but how much do you use per month?  If you don’t stream movies you may use only 5gb per month!

You have unlimited accsess for 25 GB each month.  No body is going to give you "unlimited", for $50 a month...get real.

I had unlimited with Sprint for $50.00 a month no throttling. It is their play on words. You do have unlimited internet but after the 25 gigs it is so SSSSSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW it is useless. They don't cut you off they slow you to nothing.

I think that a lot of the confusion, at least from Verizon, is of their own making. When they first were selling data plans a few years ago it was possible to sign up for an 'unlimited' plan that was truly unlimited. Use as much data as you cared to - no limits and no throttling. Of course, at that time no one anticipated how much data customers would use as phones and tablets grew more powerful. When things got out of hand they started to impose limits and for a while did away with the unlimited plans. They did everything they could to get people still on the original 'unlimited' plan off of it. Now they've started to do unlimited plans again, but this time around these are different and not really unlimited.

I think that a more accurate description for these plans would be 'high limit' and not unlimited. They are not unlimited according to the definition Verizon itself created just a few years ago.

My definition of unlimited is just what it sounds like - a plan with no limits on usage. Saying that it's unlimited but then setting a cutoff point for high speed use at 25 GB is pointless and defies the definition of unlimited. If they want to sell a 25 GB plan then call it that and leave the word unlimited out of the conversation.

I keep hearing people saying that it is 25gig a month.  Mine is only 15gig a month, I even called because my "plan is "Beyond Unlimited" which is a cap 22gig at the high speeds, then slows down.  However that 22 gig is across all devices in your plan and any hot spot is only 15gig no matter how much data you have in the "Beyond Unlimited".  I was on the phone for three different calls trying to figure this out because my bill says "Beyond Unlimited" lol.  I even paid the extra $35 onemonth for an extra 5 gig for the Beyond unlimited, but of course that did not apply to the hotspot.  The part that is the most frustrating thing is I only have the hotspot and no other lines so it is the only device on the account.  You would have thought that they would have not allowed me to throw away my money on the extra 5 gig which I could not even use on my hot spot.

OK Rant over, but was curious why people are saying 25gig, when everything I see is 15 gig on a hotspot.  BTW I pay $95 a moth. 

8 hours ago, Brianreed said:

I keep hearing people saying that it is 25gig a month.  Mine is only 15gig a month, I even called because my "plan is "Beyond Unlimited" which is a cap 22gig at the high speeds, then slows down.  However that 22 gig is across all devices in your plan and any hot spot is only 15gig no matter how much data you have in the "Beyond Unlimited".  I was on the phone for three different calls trying to figure this out because my bill says "Beyond Unlimited" lol.  I even paid the extra $35 onemonth for an extra 5 gig for the Beyond unlimited, but of course that did not apply to the hotspot.  The part that is the most frustrating thing is I only have the hotspot and no other lines so it is the only device on the account.  You would have thought that they would have not allowed me to throw away my money on the extra 5 gig which I could not even use on my hot spot.

OK Rant over, but was curious why people are saying 25gig, when everything I see is 15 gig on a hotspot.  BTW I pay $95 a moth. 

Actually Brian, you and I both have the original socalled Verizon Unlimited. The talk is about FCMA/Verizon Unlimited. This is the plan that was offered (I think) earlier this year for Unlimited internet for $49.00 per month. I also tried to get changed over to the plan three times, I'm paying $65.00 per month plus a $10.00 per month line charge for the 22 gig farce of a plan. The FMCA version is supposed to be $49.00 for 25 gig for only one hotspot device, plus of course all over 25 gig at creepy crawley, hope this helps understanding where 25 is coming from.

9 hours ago, Brianreed said:

I believe mine is 15 gig on the MiFi and 7 gig on my phone hot spot before it slows down.  When I asked how much extra the data was I was told $30.  I'm at 30 gig now on my MiFi but most of the time the speed is not too bad. Reset in 3 days.

I thought about signing up for the FMCA plan for 25gb on the hotspot but what that does is adds 10gb's to my existing 15gb that I get already on my hotspot for an added $50, I thought that was too much.

This is what I do. I have the Verizon "unlimited plan" on my whole account which gives me 15gb of hotspot data on each of my devices ( I have 4, 2 phones, 1 tablet and a hotpost) for a total of 60gbs each month at the high speed. I do have to switch devices when one reaches its 15gb's kind of a hassle but it works out great for us. I have used up to 40gb in one month and was never throttled. On our plan I pay $40 per line but they have other plans too

Visible by Verizon is a totally separate entity but it uses Verizon towers and it is truly unlimited at $40/mo. There are some limitations and you have to use an "approved" phone, but lots of people are pleased with it according to posts on other RV forums.  Visible by Verizon

I have Sprint unlimited unthrottled 60 GB data.  I tedder my laptop no problem with it.  Why get another wifi device?  

6 hours ago, huffypuff said:

I have Sprint unlimited unthrottled 60 GB data.  I tedder my laptop no problem with it.  Why get another wifi device?  

If you go to streaming video as many of us have, then 60GB/mo is nowhere near enough for most people.  Depending on which streaming service we are watching our usage varies from 1-2 GB/hr.  Our internet usage without streaming video was already ~10 GB/mo

8 minutes ago, docj said:

If you go to streaming video as many of us have, then 60GB/mo is nowhere near enough for most people.  Depending on which streaming service we are watching our usage varies from 1-2 GB/hr.  Our internet usage without streaming video was already ~10 GB/mo

mifi has the same or less limits.  

8 hours ago, huffypuff said:

mifi has the same or less limits.  

But there are other alternatives.  For example the AT&T SIM I have through OTR Mobile is completely unlimited with no "cap".  So is the prepaid unlimited Verizon Jetpack I have.  Although that plan is no longer available, one can get a roughly equivalent one through Visibly by Verizon.

5 hours ago, docj said:

But there are other alternatives.  For example the AT&T SIM I have through OTR Mobile is completely unlimited with no "cap".  So is the prepaid unlimited Verizon Jetpack I have.  Although that plan is no longer available, one can get a roughly equivalent one through Visibly by Verizon.

3 hours ago, CWSWINE said:

Here is a 40 dollar unlimited plan that can be as cheap as 20 bucks and is unlimited. 

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/40-month-unlimited-internet-interested-442091.html

Those links don't show nothing first one is ir2 others don't show anything.  No I don't have a cap on the phone aaa use but as with all it may throttle over 60 gb.  Why do you need over 60 gb?  

5 hours ago, huffypuff said:

Why do you need over 60 gb?  

HD quality streaming is ~2GB/hr.  60GB doesn't last very long at those rates.  Even at 1GB/hr 60GB for an entire month (including all other data uses) doesn't last all that long.  I think we're using at least 200 GB/mo these days.

8 minutes ago, docj said:

HD quality streaming is ~2GB/hr.  60GB doesn't last very long at those rates.  Even at 1GB/hr 60GB for an entire month (including all other data uses) doesn't last all that long.  I think we're using at least 200 GB/mo these days.

Are you talking about streaming to the TV?.  I get HD with the antenna and watched the super bowl with it last night.   That was free.

11 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

Are you talking about streaming to the TV?.  I get HD with the antenna and watched the super bowl with it last night.   That was free.

I'm with you on this. We have an OTA antenna on the roof, and can usually get a good number of channels of HD television where ever we camp.

If I know that I'm going to be away from a good reception area, or if I'm just not sure, I will download a bunch of episodes of our favorite shows or a few good movies and then watch those. I download while on wifi, and then I don't have to rely on mobile data for watching TV.

49 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

If you are willing to limit yourself to what's available OTA then that's great.  My wife and I watch very little that would be available OTA.  To each his own.