mjanzen@bak.rr.com

Electric Or Hydraulic Leveling Systems

Have you taken on to a good hydraulic shop? Many hydraulic shops can rebuild hydraulic rams-- most are common sizes with common components such as seals.

Brett, these jacks are electric. Made by Atwood called Level-Legs. The above # is the relay part that I cant find anywhere, any help would be appreciated.

Ya, sorry-- several conversations on different systems going on here. I was referring to hydraulic systems.

RE: Your electric jack part: I am sure we have others who are more familiar with the electronics, but am still wondering other than triggering voltage, amps carried and normally open or closed what unique features this relay needs to have.

Markstella,

Good information! This is a link to a Data File that matches your relay> Does it look like the one pictured?

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/283/en2-296596.pdf

The key here is that this relay does not have the current carrying capacity needed to power the jacks, but it could well be the main control relay to switch other high current relays.

The specifications mention it used to reverse circuits. I just found this information and I do need to study the information more, but I need to know if indeed it looks like yours.

Do you know if the motors and the jacks all work? One could have someone test them to see if they all will extend and contract. This is one key step in solving you jack issue(s)!

Rich> Note the information mentions it has been discontinued. Makes finding a part that might be used and the person to modify the OEM board could also be challenging.

Just had a thought ! In one of the FMC magazines there was an article with information on building a relay circuit to replace a slide controller.

This circuit would supply a higher current and one might be able to adapt it. Keep positive thoughts!!!

OK here is my solution to the discontinued circuit board. I ordered a controller which will be a manual operation with a remote. Anyone having this problem might want to check this company out. I ordered RF340-4PR-TO $135. www.gamainc.com

Mark,

Looks like it will work - with the current rating listed. Good Luck

If you use the Atwood installation link if you need the manual - you should be able to install the board.

You will need to remember that this circuit will not give you a warning if you forget and leave them down - I mention that only because there is no information on any safety interlocks listed on there sight regarding the board.

I took a look at there sight and it looks like they make a number of items that might come in handy..

Thanks for sharing your find!

Rich