little300z

Hiring a Driver for Motorhome class A

Question

I am in need of 2 drivers to drive 2 Class A to Utah from NC and back a week or so later.  We would love to let our kids experience the national parks but can not afford to take 4 days off just to drive.  I am trying to see if I could hire a driver just as cheap as it would be for us to stay in hotels out there.  It would be for 2 family’s with motorhomes and towing vehicles.  One is 45’ and the other is 43’.  Does anyone know of a company that would be good for this?  Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

Little300Z,

Welcome to the Forum

That is a nice thought for the Families.There are some companies that I am sure can accommodate you but. I feel the Cost would be prohibited. 

Herman

You mentioned 4 days to drive.  NC, Utah, NC?  Good Luck with that !  It's 2,000 each way + whatever you want the kids to see in Utah! :blink::wacko:

Border to border 2,087.1 miles. It would cost at least $1.08 per mile (Government allowance).  2,087.1miles one way X 2 coaches= 4,174.2 miles X 2 (round trip) = 8,348.4 miles X $1.08 per mile =$8,348.40. (this does not include departure point and destination point)  Hmmmm.

Herman

4 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Border to border 2,087.1 miles. It would cost at least $1.08 per mile (Government allowance).  2,087.1miles one way X 2 coaches= 4,174.2 miles X 2 (round trip) = 8,348.4 miles X $1.08 per mile =$8,348.40. (this does not include departure point and destination point)  Hmmmm.

Herman

You forgot one thing, Herman, what do the drivers do once they deliver the coaches? Do they remain in Utah for a "week or so"? Who pays their expenses while there? Personally, I think it would be about as cheap to charter a plane, rent vehicles and stay in a multi bedroom home. Plus, if they are thinking about going this year it may be hard to get reservations this late.

Well if they would make people fill out their profiles before they can post on the forums it would stop some of this.

Personally, I am looking for someone to pay me to drive my coach wherever I want to go.:P

Bill