GABob

What is the correct wheel for 2018 Ford E450

Just purchased a 2019 Odyssey based on the  (2018) Ford E450 chassis.  I'm looking to add a spare after reading that most servicing will only change the tire.  I've tried to see what the part number is for the wheel, to make sure I order the correct one.  Ford website shows Part no. 1015 for the "wheel assembly", but at a cost of $478.27 for this I think they've lost their minds.  Checking other sites, they normally show other other years for the wheels, and I'm not sure if the've stayed the same for x number of years.  Any recommendations or thoughts will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

GABob,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Look on the GVWR sticker on the driver's door jam.

OR look on the outer rear wheel-- it should be stamped there.

Try the auto recyclers as they have a book to show what will fit then have your tire shop test fit before mounting a tire 

GABob,

What I believe you were quoted at the Ford House may have been for a complete rim and tire. I looked at your coach and it looks to have steel rims in the 19.5 size. That may have been a bit high but not too far out of range.

Herman

Thanks, gents.  They are 16" steel. 

Some background:  I need to have the inner rear looked at, as after I got the unit home, I went to check the tire pressure before I took it up to the storage facility.  I assumed (bad move) that they checked the pressure before I took possession.  I checked the front (from the way the covers were aligned there was no way they checked) and found them to be at 60 vs. 75.  When I went to check the rear, I put the gauge on and the valve wouldn't close.  Not a happy camper at that point!  I kept trying to put air in, but it didn't take.  In a bit of a panic now, I put the cap on to minimize the air loss and took it up to the local tire place.  He had a hard time taking the valve out and replaced it, but even the new valve would not take air.  He had to pull it, add air and then replace.  Doesn't seem to be leaking now, but it sure concerns me.   I purchased this new a few states away, so I'll need to take this to either a local Jayco dealer or a Ford place.

Funny, but I called Ford and they said they'd send someone out to replace the tire, but as I had no tire to replace it with... figured it's best to add a spare.

We bought a 2018 Forester on a 2017 E450 chassis.  We have a spare mounted way under.   Since I’m a bit handicapped, it took me a while to notice it.

On the road now.  Attended the Balloon Festival at Albuquerque and now headed to South Texas.

psadave46

On 8/6/2018 at 6:27 AM, GABob said:

...so I'll need to take this to either a local Jayco dealer or a Ford place....

With a problem like this you might do better just going to a commercial tire shop. They'll be less expensive than Ford and will get you in much quicker than Jayco. From your description it sounds like you might need the stem replaced. Check with the tire place while you're there - they may very well have a used wheel that you can use for your spare.