pcowen

I-90 through N.Y. and Mass - refueling MH with toad

Question

Heading to Bar Harbor and curious if oasis on I-90 in NY & Mass are rv friendly for filling up.  37’ Bounder towing a 2014 CRV. any feedback greatly appriecated. 

Phil Cowen

17 answers to this question

If they take trucks, they will take you!  Just shut of engine and generator in 5 minutes after you get to pump...crazy law!

I never had a problem on I-90 at any truck stop/rest area I used. I can't find any "Oasis" rest areas on I-90. 

Where are you starting frome?

Bill

Byron, Linda does the card walk!  100+ gal. at a time, don't work at today's price's on a $100-150 max at pump! :blink::lol:

A lot of the time the smaller station has a better price so I will give them my card and get them to start the two pumps I need to fill saddles with moving reg side to side to fill 

after making sure I have room and the wife watches the my back  44 ft of rig does not fit some stations 

Carl, at the 2 places I used on the NY Thruway-I-90 I had to run the card with an estimate of my purchase. No problem with the card I rang up $300. each time. They only charge your card with what you pump. Just go back in and get receipt for what you actually pumped when done.

They could do a better job with the truck pumps but it is what it is. 

Bill

Bill I will be starting from Chicago.  Know the route to Buffalo but was curious if needed to exit turnpike to get gas.  Thanks for feedback.

Phil

Phil.  No need to exit.  I would, don't care much for Freeways or Toll roads!  I allow enough time and stops to enjoy our country...that's just my humble opinion!  With a 700+ mile range, I don't worry about fuel stops! :) 

2 hours ago, pcowen said:

Bill I will be starting from Chicago.  Know the route to Buffalo but was curious if needed to exit turnpike to get gas.  Thanks for feedback.

Phil

Phil, look at Gas Buddy, I would avoid buying Gas in PA as it is higher than Ohio or NY, actualey I would fill up before I hit the PA line headed east. Last cheap gas.

Is your Bounder gas or diesel? Adding coach info to signature helps get better answers faster.

I had no problem geting fuel at the service plazas on the thruway.

Bill

When I was a trucker, the big fuel chains rolled out the Red Carpet for truckers with the right fuel cards and frequent fueler cards.

I remember rolling into the Flying J in Salina KS on fumes. Twin 150 gallon tanks on a KW and if memory serves,  pumped somewhere 🤔over 270 gallons into those highly polished babies. At the most 20 minutes, while washing the windows, parking the rig, picking up my fuel receipt on a round about. Never had to say one word to people behind the fuel desk. Then on to a shower.

Fueling with our diesel powered motorhome at the same truckstop, I feel like low rent.🙄

7 hours ago, bm02tj said:

A lot of the time the smaller station has a better price so I will give them my card and get them to start the two pumps I need to fill saddles with moving reg side to side to fill 

after making sure I have room and the wife watches the my back  44 ft of rig does not fit some stations 

What kind of rig do you have? Big fifth wheel with a big toter?

Better prices are nice but if you can't get in and out easy it isn't worth the hassle.

Bill

38 minutes ago, obedb said:

When I was a trucker, the big fuel chains rolled out the Red Carpet for truckers with the right fuel cards and frequent fueler cards.

I remember rolling into the Flying J in Salina KS on fumes. Twin 150 gallon tanks on a KW and if memory serves,  pumped somewhere 🤔over 270 gallons into those highly polished babies. At the most 20 minutes, while washing the windows, parking the rig, picking up my fuel receipt on a round about. Never had to say one word to people behind the fuel desk. Then on to a shower.

Fueling with our diesel powered motorhome at the same truckstop, I feel like low rent.🙄

You need to buy more diesel.:D:P

Bill

Nope.  He needs to take more showers! :D Devil made me do it...Sorry! :rolleyes:

WBill.  Ref: bm, he has a Renegade Toy Hauler...2 axle, 10 wheeler!

54 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

It would be easier if it was in his signature.:o

Bill

oh boy...here we go......:lol: :ph34r:

WBill.  We know, we agree with you! :D It should be mandatory from the git go! :rolleyes: Maybe, they are shy, or don't think they will ever have a break down? :blink: