Class A 2002 Georgie Boy Cruise Master. 

What is your recommendation of products to rebuild the valve control panel. Also where do I find control valves. I am looking for fresh water valves that are similar to factory installation.  I have to date not found used or new components.

IMG_20180703_110553.jpg

IMG_20180703_110606.jpg

IMG_20180630_132622.jpg

IMG_20180630_132732.jpg

elibedarn.  Welcome to the Forum!

That's a mess!  How?

All water lines, valves, etc.  can be found at Home Depot.  Black/Gray dump valves at Amazon!  You don't want 2002 stuff, replace with 2018. If the bay door is metal or fiber glass, take it to a Plasma Fabrication Shop!

There are a number of RV salvage yards, but I agree that much of the equipment is off-the-shelf stuff. The waste plumbing is standard till you get to the valves, and they can be found at most RV shops or Amazon.

Can you give us a bit of information on what happened?

Thank you for guiding me on this issue. I am a resident of central Florida. My fault for not doing a close inspection following an appointment for transmission flush, oil and filter, etc. An under carriage component, flexible water drain tube holder, was dislodged when the mechanic high centered my unit on a lift.  All I knew at the time was a scheduled appointment turned into 4.5 hours because of this incident. Finally after complaining about the time involved I was shown a picture and explanation of cause. Unfortunately I inspected the inside flooring and failed to lay on the ground for an under carriage inspection.  It is my best guess, the fire shield was damaged and missing over the exhaust pipe.  Traveling I-24 north of Nashville the smell of smoke, the pull over, 3 fire extinguishers later and on the road again with no left bank 12 volt, no 110 volt but moving nonetheless. 

6 hours ago, richard5933 said:

There are a number of RV salvage yards, but I agree that much of the equipment is off-the-shelf stuff. The waste plumbing is standard till you get to the valves, and they can be found at most RV shops or Amazon.

Can you give us a bit of information on what happened?

Thanks.

Who ever did this to you, should be paying  to fix it..have you contacted your insurance and showed them the pictures?  Wish you would post the name and address of the shop!  We all travel a lot & I for one, do not wish  to use the place, when I travel thru!!! 

I did not realize fresh water valves were over the counter stock. Happy to hear that, thank you so much.  The black water tank and plumbing is repaired except for setting a new bath floor and mounting the toilet.

I still must decide on materials to reconstruct the valve mounting wall. The first picture shows one-half that did not burn. It is 1 foot high by 3 feet long, appears to be fiber glass. Remaining on the half not burned is an outside shower and low point hot water valves. Do you recommend a salvage yard for that one item (the wall/water valve holder) or would you build your own?

I don't know why if you have any ability you couldn't make one yourself and make it better than the original. :)

I was looking at the pictures and I don't think it is as bad as it could be. The door should be cleanable and maybe a coat of paint. If it is delaminated it can be rebonded. The water lines look mostly intact and if you wanted to or need to replacing all of them with plex shouldn't be to bad.

Keep us updated.

Bill

Go to irv2, there is a whole section devoted to your plumbing.  Also, you can download your owners manual on line. 

Pointing out what may be a known but connecting pieces of PEX together is a piece of cake with the shark bite fittings and they are infinitely reusable. Just be sure to buy the little orange release tool.

100% correct.  DIY information from Home Depot, makes it a piece of cake, for anyone...including me! :D  I changed out all my plumbing to PEX and all plastic ball valves, to brass!  3 years ago. I apperantly missed one, in the shower, so will replace when I get back from Norway at end of month!

On 8/7/2018 at 7:11 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

I don't know why if you have any ability you couldn't make one yourself and make it better than the original. :)

I was looking at the pictures and I don't think it is as bad as it could be. The door should be cleanable and maybe a coat of paint. If it is delaminated it can be rebonded. The water lines look mostly intact and if you wanted to or need to replacing all of them with plex shouldn't be to bad.

Keep us updated.

Bill

Thanks for looking over the pics. The first pic is after the melted water lines were spliced. What is missing is a hot and cold water low point drain. I purchased a pex tube tool and installed a 90 degree valve for freshwater tank fill. 110 volt wiring was cut and spliced for temporary service in route home. The gray water side was use-able. Left side 12 volt is totally out.  In addition one 110 volt remained disconnected.  Sufficient patching of 110 volt was accomplished to operate our a/c units. The storage door I suspect of being hollowed by the fire. The slap latch no longer fits snugly, it is extremely loose.  The black water tank is no longer available. Ameri-Kart does not provide the same length nor the same design. Now that I am home it is a redo project. 

IMG_20180701_074759.jpg

IMG_20180705_114454.jpg

IMG_20180630_132622.jpg

IMG_20180702_105721.jpg

4 hours ago, elibedarn said:

The storage door I suspect of being hollowed by the fire. The slap latch no longer fits snugly, it is extremely loose.  The black water tank is no longer available. Ameri-Kart does not provide the same length nor the same design.

I think the door had a foam core. Did the inner and outer skins delaminate? Latches are available. There are a couple of links from the center latch to operate the latches on the sides. If you have the linkage it should go back together fairly easy. You may be able to refill the door with non expanding foam.

There are people who make tanks do a search you should be able to find one that will work or look to the RV salvage yards.

Bill

elibedarn,

Colaws in Carthage Missouri has a 2003 Georgie Boy Cruise Master with good Cargo Bay doors.

Go to colawrvsalvage.com**** click on Salvage RV**** it should be the second or third coach on the first page.

Hope this helps.

Herman

13 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

elibedarn,

Colaws in Carthage Missouri has a 2003 Georgie Boy Cruise Master with good Cargo Bay doors.

Go to colawrvsalvage.com**** click on Salvage RV**** it should be the second or third coach on the first page.

Hope this helps.

Herman

Thank you. Yes I contacted Colaws before posting however I was not at that time looking for a storage door. I was told they do not resale black water tanks. They also do not permit any pull it yourself due to insurance issues. They did not have a use able water valve panel.  A couple days ago I called them again and found the 2003 was no longer there. It remains on their web site, that is why I rang them.

I sent an email to a yard in AZ with no response.

I located a water valve panel in a Kentucky yard. They ask $200.00 plus shipping. They would not send pictures.  I elected not to pursue do to pricing and not seeing the condition.

Amer-Kart.com does not have what I need without special ordering.

In the end I purchased 2 used tanks from a Plant City, FL salvage yard hoping to make a single use-able tank. 

I now know what to build in the way of a freshwater valve panel thanks to sales folks showing youtube videos I took pictures with my phone off the computer of a matching unit.

Thanks again for all of the kind folks who took time to respond, you each are very nice people and I found good guidance from you. 

For all Arizona RV Salvage is an absolute joke.... I was there last winter of 18. It has nothing except junk and the telephone follow up and  such is the same, nothing or less. I bought a spare water pump and was assured it worked, it did not which I found out after getting back to Quartzsite. They did say return it and they would send another except they did not have the same Flotec 5 gallon per minute unit ot like. They are smoke and mirrors.