Sign in to follow this  
rlking

Chaco Canyon Tour

Can anyone tell me how strenuous a trip the Chaco Canyon tour is :rolleyes: ? My wife has bad knees and has trouble with stairs, and too much walking. As near as I can figure, with the trip listed as 11 hours and the distance from Albuquerque, the actual time at the site will be about 4 hours. Is this about right? Are there places to rest around the site, and is it a self-guided tour or is there a tour leader who keeps you moving? Sorry for the questions, but I need to know before signing up. I guess I should have included that this is for the Albuquerque get-together.

Thanks for any help.

Bob :)

Bob:

Lydia Hansen, with Destination Southwest, the tour operator, responds:

"We do have a guide who keeps everyone moving while giving commentary. Tour participants are also given time to explore on their own. I'm sure if you are concerned once the tour actually gets going, you can work something out with your guide. I would not classify the tour as "strenuous," but it is definitely a moderate walking tour."

For more information, contact Destination Southwest at (505) 766-9068; e-mail tours@destinationsouthwest.com.

Thanks for the info tmoning. I'll discuss this with my wife and see how she feels about it. I don't want one tour to spoil the rest of the week for her.

Thanks again

Bob

Thanks for the info tmoning. I'll discuss this with my wife and see how she feels about it. I don't want one tour to spoil the rest of the week for her.

Thanks again

Bob

Well, sorry to say, this has become a mute point. Due to circumstances beyond my control, :rolleyes: we will have to miss the Albuquerque convention. Hope for better luck next time.

Bob