oldgrape

Extended Warranty on 2006 Winnebago DP

Howdy all. I have read several threads but am still conflicted. My current extended warranty is expiring. I looked into replacing it and the cost is now $12K for 3 yrs/30K miles. That is about triple what I paid 4 yrs ago when I bout the coach. I have used the policy over the last 4 years but probably did not break even between original cost and what my share of the bills added up to. The coach has 62,300 miles on her. I will be retiring in the next 2 yrs and will hit the road full time. I know if one of the major systems dies like engine, transmission, AC, or Jacks the cost could be pretty high for repairs. With that said I feel the odds for that are not that great. I could be wrong though. Please provide what you all think or have done.

If you put $12K in savings at 2.75 interest rate, in three years, and you have no major catastrophe you will have $13075.00 ready for the next three. I'm with five on this one, but it is not my money. Good luck with your decision whatever it may be.

As maney on here I am not a fan of extended warranties. If you do your maintenance I think you will be ok. Put the money in a savings account and you should be way ahead in 3 years. 

Bill

32 minutes ago, smokechaser1975 said:

if you're going to be full timing many of the extended warranties wont cover you

Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious where you read that ESP's don't cover full timers. 

Jim, some do, some don't...GS does!  $12K/3 years = Highway Robbery!  Maybe for a Prevost or Newell, but I doubt it. :wacko:

Sorry folks but I have just the opposite opinion. I have GS ESP and with my previous 2008 MH, which my DW affectionately (NOT) called "Citrus" just to be PC, and over the 10 years we had it I was very happy to have the ESP.  I don't plan on dying anytime soon but I have insurance that I have been paying on for to many years. 

Yep, ESP is expensive but it is just an insurance plan. My ESP covers seals and gaskets so yes the price is up there. But I do have peace of mind.

Shop around, call wholesalewarranties.com and others, and request a quote. This is and independent agent who has access to multiple ESC providers. For accuracy purposes, these are NOT extended warranties. They are extended service contracts, with requirements and conditions that must be met to file a successful claim.