ronheb454

Ant Issue

Search on "Borax as ant repellent" without the quotes (as if that matters any more!)

I think I read one theory that the ants ingest the borax and eventually pop a belly.

Wayne is correct, plus;

Borax/Boron (and Diatomaceous earth)  also works on any insect with an exoskeleton/Skeleton on the outside of the body, it gets underneath the exoskeleton and cuts them up enough they hemorrhage to death. Boron is not completely safe to humans.

I used Borax on tree beatles, that I got in CO...took a while, but they all got vacuumed up!  Sprinkle around, inside coach. 

Well___ Today DW spotted sugar ants in the MH. I re-treated a while ago. It will take a few days to see(not see?) results. We had removed all foods, cleaned thoroughly last fall after winterizing;  guess they just liked the ambiance. 

On 5/31/2019 at 12:16 PM, manholt said:

I used Borax on tree beatles, that I got in CO...took a while, but they all got vacuumed up!  Sprinkle around, inside coach. 

Do those Beatles sing?

It's either mission accomplished or they left; either way no more ants seen since the bait blocks and  spray.

I have also been successful with confectioners sugar mixed with plaster of paris equally, then place a soda cap with water in it, works pretty well on most ants and roaches. This remedy locks up their digestive system.