jdavidhopkins65

What is the best RV awning screen.

I am trying to decide on the best best awning screen for my 2011 Ventana.  The awning is a Dometic Weather-Pro about 18 ft long.  I have been looking at the Carefree EZ Zipblocker and the Vista Shade. 

Does anyone have any experience with either of these or any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, jdavidhopkins65 said:

Carefree EZ Zipblocker

I have this brand and I like the way it works better than some of the others that I looked at.

I may be a little late joining this party, but I decided to get the Vista Shade for electric awnings even though my awning is a manual awning.  I decided that because I like the idea of being able to quickly unzip the screen when I want to close the awning due to a passing storm or windy conditions where I don't want to keep the awning tied down or we are not going to be on site.  Since the upper section of the screen stays on the awning tube, I attached the awning pull down strap to the awning tube with a pop rivet.  I've only had the Vista Shade attached just to make sure it works, but we're headed out on a trip next week and it may get it's first on the road use.

Sunpro Manufacturing awning drops. We have had ours of a couple of years with no complaints. It has held up well. I have a 19' awning but purchased a 16' awning drop and had them add 2 more grommets for a total of 7.

http://sunpromfg.net/rv-awning-drops/

How much of a drop is there before the zipper. I know the drop goes into the slot in the tube but is there a little rubber chord sewn into the drop to fit that slot?

On 9/13/2018 at 8:35 AM, rsbilledwards said:

How much of a drop is there before the zipper. I know the drop goes into the slot in the tube but is there a little rubber chord sewn into the drop to fit that slot?

I'd say it's about 12".  But it may vary by the size of the shade you order as they offer various drop lengths. The following link provides quite a bit of information.  I would think if you contact them, you could find out the amount of drop before the zipper for the size shade you are interested in.

The panel that slides into the awning tube has the rubber cord.

https://www.shadepro.net/product/vista-shade-for-electric-rv-awnings/

On 9/7/2018 at 9:42 AM, manholt said:

scbwr.  Welcome to the Forum!

Please leave a follow up. :)

Thank you!   Our travel plans changed due to Florence, so now we hope to be on the road in a week or so.  Having used a shade screen with our travel trailer awning, I have no doubts that the Vista shade will be very useful and attached whenever we're parked for a few days or more.

I have just bought Shade Pro RV Vinyl Awning Replacement Fabric. Overall, it’s a really good choice for an awning fabric replacement in your RV. It’s ideal for covering cracks and tears while demonstrating a reliable resistance to fading. Perhaps the only problem I experienced so far is the presence of smudges on its paint in certain areas. However, they’re not really a major issue.