f438921

2005 42 ft Monaco Dynasty, shore power cuts in and out

Kay, The L-1 circuit powers the Inverter / Charger in most of the systems I have run into, because that is where the 30 amp adapter is directed(unless the adapter is  paralleling the L-1 and L-2 at the 50 amp socket end) That still would limit the maximum current to 30 amps. Unless the 30 amp is being supplied from the 50 amp breaker, that would mean the wiring is not to code.  

2 and 2 are not adding up !

His monitor is reading over 40 amps with the front AC running. This is a Newmar electrical power panel configuration on page 7. 

Rich.

Newmar_Electrical_SS2011Electrical.pdf

39 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

Most likely, after studying the manual that Rich supplied, that makes sense.

That being the case - the batteries would not last for long running the AC unit. To supply around 14 amps of AC from the inverter would require around 140 amps from the batteries or a 10 to 1 ratio.

However, when you look at the frequency readings on the pictured - there is a one cycle difference on the FRQ readout between L-1 and L-2. One would question why there would be a difference in FRQ.

This is getting interesting to say the least! 

Rich. 

Newmar_Electrical_SS2011Electrical.pdf

Agree Rich, while looking at the main distribution panel on page 347, notice that there is a 30 amp breaker on both L1 and also on L2 for inverter. This is uncommon unless the load shedding device has been incorporated in some manner to rob Peter to pay Paul.:o In this case, the batteries may be called upon, and the charging circuit is trying to keep up, this would cause a high load condition on the opposite leg, the inverter section does indicate that drawing from the inverter while charging simultaneously is possible. Not probable in my eyes, but possible as stated. Also note that all three pictures are showing a 5.4 amp charge rate from solar, I bet that will be less in the absence of sunlight.

3 hours ago, DickandLois said:

F 438921- What is the model and make of your EMS or PCI system?

Rich.

If you scroll up the model is on the pictures I first posted Rich.

F 438921- What is the model and make of your EMS or PCS system?

All I see in the original post picture is ESCo. Elkhart Supply Corp. and I can not find any info. on a Energy Management System supplied by them.

Just power transfer systems.

I see SONY lable under the system supply screen and that information is coming from a system monitoring module somewhere.

Rich.

6 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Kay, The L-1 circuit powers the Inverter / Charger in most of the systems I have run into, because that is where the 30 amp adapter is directed(unless the adapter is  paralleling the L-1 and L-2 at the 50 amp socket end) That still would limit the maximum current to 30 amps. Unless the 30 amp is being supplied from the 50 amp breaker, that would mean the wiring is not to code.  

All store bought adapters do parallel both L1 and L2, at least all that I had dealings with. My buddy that lives in Florida made ready a 30 amp service for me many years ago, I always thought him to be competent, so I plugged up my store bought adapter, his breaker immediately blew. I do not use premade line checker, always depend on Fluke to check for faults, just omitted that practice that time, never again.

F438921- your coach used the information posted in this box.  The Aladdin system was a proprietary system built just for Monaco and is NLA. So when it goes south you will need to come up with an alternate system. for your's'

page 330 of the manual indicates that it is an "Aladdin™ System" displays many AC and DC electrical values,

VSMpc is made by Silverleaf and can be interfaced into the existing Dash gauge system wiring.

However, silverleaf monitors the engine and I'm not sure it can be   setup to monitor the Electrical monitoring system you get on your current display.  You might need 2 different systems one for the dash display and one from a Charger / inverter supplier.

Good luck ! Rich.