Question

We are looking at spending the winter in California and wondering if anyone had recommendations or comments.  Looking at Chulla Vista Resort in San Diego for January and then  to Golden Village Palms Resort in Hemet, CA. for February.  Then up to Santa Clarita area in March.  Any help appreciated!!

2 answers to this question

The California Chapter has its Octoberfest at the  Golden Village every year and also has Chapter rally's there during the year very nice park .

Jerry

Your choices are good ones.  In Santa Clarita area, I'd recommend Valencia Travel Village - FMCA chapters have Rallies there as well.

If you want to do Disney/Knotts Berry Farm, or just "the OC" - try Orangeland or Anaheim RV Park.  If you like beaches, check out Ventura County parks: Rincon Parkway, Faria Beach Park or Hobson and if your rig is smaller any of the CA state beach parks.  Rincon is dry camping but you park right along the ocean on old Pacific Coast Highway.  I think Ventura County takes winter season reservations for Faria and Hobson.  CA state parks are on ReserveAmerica.

I know most every SoCal location is booked up this Winter, but Hemet is huge so you may have luck there.  In Chula Vista, the San Diego Metro KOA is good and they sponsor FMCA events if you can't get in the marina.  If things get really tight - take a look at the Palm Desert area - dozens of RV resorts.  If you're already booked - way to go!