nz8y00

2018 Jeep JL wiring harness

What wiring harness has anyone used for the New Jeep JL?  I am going to use the the Blue OX base plate on my new Jeep JL.

Has anyone had any issues with their wiring harness on the Jeep JL.  I have heard of some possible issues because of all the electronic in the vehicle.

Thanks for your hepl. 

1 hour ago, nz8y00 said:

What wiring harness has anyone used for the New Jeep JL?  I am going to use the the Blue OX base plate on my new Jeep JL.

Has anyone had any issues with their wiring harness on the Jeep JL.  I have heard of some possible issues because of all the electronic in the vehicle.

Thanks for your hepl. 

I am curious to hear how it flat tow's. It has the same steering design in the Cherokee that has been a real PIA for everyone that has one, hoping it doesn't follow over the the Wrangler. Once you get it on the road keep us posted.

We tow a new 18 Jeep Rubicon behind our Allegro Bus. We just got back from a 3300 mile trip and no problems at all! We traded our 2015 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler for it. Both tow perfectly.

We were concerned at first because of the push button start. As long as you have it where it says OFF and not Acc it with be no trouble at all. We mounted a Blue Ox baseplate with slight modifications. Mainly because the instructions were incorrect. Tire wear is no problem. We have 8500 driving miles and 3300 tow miles since May 2018. Wears evenly

We have the regular lights on ours, not the special LEDs. Because of that we just wired it like the old one. No special diodes etc. Bulb and socket, plenty of room inside the rear lenses. Once your ignition is off, free wheeling when in neutral on the 4x4  and in park on the regular..