jzhinton

Odd wear pattern on Goodyear G670 tire

I have a goodyear g670 22.5 tire on my driver side in my 37 foot RV. it has a very odd wear pattern on the outer edge of the tire. Parts of the uter edge aare wearing at a faster rate than other parts - the out edge is rippled like a potato chip if you know what i mean. What would cause this and I fear it may be a bad tire...

I have had two sets if Goodyear tires on two different coaches. Both sets cupped about 40,000 miles. Switched to a different brand, no cupping. 

I had the same issue with our 02 Dynasty. Now have TOYOs on the front. only a couple of thousand miles on them but I haven't seen any signs of excess wear on the outside edge nor cupping. I plan on 6 more the first of next year before heading to Perry. I will move the two steer tires to the tag and put two new on the steer and four new on the drive axles.

Herman

I had the same "cupping" (also called "rivering")  with my Goodyears. By 20,000 miles the fronts were so bad I replaced them. At 35,000 the rears were do it too but at 6 years old I replace them too. Replace all with Toyo's and no odd wear so far at 48,000.

Cupping and Rivering are not the same thing. Taking a close look at all your tires annually from new should alert you to any wear issues early enough to address before the issue becomes more than just cosmetic.